• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rome to Santiago

NAPoulos44

My friend and I cycled the Camino Frances in September 2006 and it was a life changing experience. Now we are planning to cycle from Rome to Santiago. Problem is that I am having a hard time putting together the routes through Italy and France I am looking for low traffic routes mainly, but I am curious about riding on the Via Aurelia in Italy as it seems like the most direct route and quite a bit easier in terms of variance in elevation than going up the middle of Italy. Any suggestions on guide books or routes etc., would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Re: Rome to Santiago...a success???

Hello,

Well interesting to find your post (that is near 12months old now)....because I was about to post such a similar one!
I also did the Frances route (but by foot), a couple of years ago, and now am heading to Rome to bike to Santiago (via del Norte).
I've been struggling with mapping a good route through Italy and France before meeting up with the Camino.....

I wonder if you ended up doing your mission proposed, and if so...would you mind sharing any advice with me??

Thanks kindly

Kiwi

Are you riding a road bike or mountain bike? On a mountain bike one can follow the routes quite well, but it seems many people simply string the towns together by road bike.

I'm making some progress on getting a pre-publication guide of the route from the Italian border to Arles:

the-arles-route/topic6953.html

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back