• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Roncesvalles--from Madrid or Paris

mara

Hello,
I am planning to start from Roncesvalles and am considering two options.
Which one would you recommend?
from Madrid to Roncesvalles by bus (is there a direct line)?
or
from Paris to SJPP (train) and from SJPP to Roncesvalles (taxi?)?
Thanx

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
One option.-
Madrid- Pamplona by bus, train or plane

and Pamplona- Roncesvalles by bus-.
No direct Madrid-Roncesvalles.-

The other one I don´t know
Saludos

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It depends on which flights you take. If you are flying on Iberia, you can book a multi-route ticket and fly to Pamplona then home from Santiago.

Hello Mara, As Sil wrote, it depends when your flight arrives in Madrid. There is a daily bus from the centre of Madrid (but you have to get there, either by bus or metro), leaving Madrid at 10.30 and arriving in Pamplona at 15.15. That gives you time to look around and take the only bus of the day, which leaves at 6.00 p.m.(it's earlier on Saturdays and there is no service on Sundays). There is an extra bus on Fridays and Sundays, leaving Pamplona at 12.00 and arriving in Pamplona at 16.45. Because our flight doesn't arrive at Madrid until 11.30, we have booked on the connecting flight for Pamplona and have also booked our flight returning from Santiago back to Madrid to connect with our international flight. It actually works out cheaper, than taking the transport into Madrid and then the intercity bus.It also saves on a hotel night in Madrid (I'd rather stay one more night or even two in Santiago)! Anne

Hello everyone,

do you know how much it costs to get from Madrid to Pamplona by bus ??

thanks

Buen Camino
chax :arrow:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back