• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Roncesvalles photo bomb

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think the OP MAY have meant to put the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man (of The Ghostbusters movie fame) in the photo. But this is still very funny.

But yes, having resembled him all my life, it IS the Pillsbury Doughboy.

Loved it!

I think the OP MAY have meant to put the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man (of The Ghostbusters movie fame) in the photo. But this is still very funny.

But yes, having resembled him all my life, it IS the Pillsbury Doughboy.
Nope, it is the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. This is the Pillsbury Doughboy. Though I think that they may have had the same father, as there is a distinct resemblance. 😊
Screenshot_20190128-073423_Firefox.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Nope, it is the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. This is the Pillsbury Doughboy. Though I think that they may have had the same father, as there is a distinct resemblance. 😊
View attachment 51500
Close enough, Trecile! I've never heard of the Marshmellow Man, and it's the dough boy who loves to have you "put your finger on it"! I stand by my answer! Lol!😅

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you lived in the US or Canada during the 1950s, you KNOW the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. He was the advertising logo for promoting these pure sugar treats. At the time, the two competing brands were Stay Puft and Campfire.

I think that Campfire brand won the merchandising war back in the day. But, not to be outdone the Stay Puft fellow came back to wreak his revenge in the original Ghostbusters movie. it was an iconic scene...

This (marshmallow) is a uniquely North American thing, I think. I do not believe that many of our European, and 'other where' friends, did not know marshmallows growing up.

It's similar I think to the disconnect between growing up eating Nutella for breakfast, versus having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, or just about anytime. I know my Belgian friends were amused by these air puffed sugar balls when I produced them during my several year hiatus living there.

The American Campfire branded marshmallows passed their " taste test." After all, you could add them to hot chocolate - a local speciality. However, offering my friends American peanut butter was like feeding them mud, or worse. The looks on their faces were priceless, on their first taste. Nuts are nuts, Nutella is buttered hazelnuts, albeit with chocolate added.

And so it goes...

I think that's the Pillsbury doughboy walking the Camino and I'm confident he'd love for you to put your finger on his belly!😄
Ummm, This fellow is the StayPuft Marshmallow Man. Now< I do not want anyone to question my research so I provide it along with my response. Watch this movie where Mr. StayPuft stars, closer to the end.
https://gostream.site/ghostbusters/ (Also, gostream seems to be a pretty safe site. There may be an initla ad at the beginning. Just delete it, perferably before it loads fully, easy peasy.)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back