• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rota das Carmelitas

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We are currently looking at that route, only going from Fatima to Coinbra and continue on the interior route to the Spanish border. That's all the time we have for now. Our start date will be April 1. There are some website with great information. Anyone that would like to share their experience please chime n.

We are currently walking the route “backward”. We started in Fátima this morning and and had a very nice walk. We are just past ourem tonight. And will walk to Frexianda tomorrow. The signage is very good, we just have to look backwards at intersections. LOL

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Stage 5 had one bad section due to logging. After Caxarias and before Seica. The All Trails app has all the stages and it was helpful at this part due to the logging mess. Super sweet sister at the church in Seica. She wanted to explain all about it. Our Portuguese is terrible. So between the little French I know and the Spanish my husband knows, we were able to glean a few facts.

We are now in Rabacal. We met two pilgrims last night on the way to Fátima. And passed 6 today on the way. It is a nice way. Some road walking but it must be to get through urban areas. There are very nice information boards Along the way. We are concurrent with the central way and we are seeing a few going north. We will be shy of Coimbra tomorrow and then start the interior route.

We are in Coimbra tonight after finishing the rota Carmelita in reverse. It would made a nice short week walk. If I were to do it again, and toward Fátima then I would spend a day in Coimbra to see the sites and taxi to the ruins at Condeixa a nova. The walk between the two is urban and nothing of real interest. The central route and Carmelita route do not run current in this section and some directional signs have been changed. Anyway it was all fine and I wanted to complete it so if any one has questions I might can help.

We really enjoyed the walk and the people along the way were friendly. Many wanted to say hello, encourage us, or try to talk with us. And the human interaction is what we really loved.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi there, I am currently walking the Camino to Fatima and will join the Camino Portugues. I have found your thread quite helpful and was wondering how easy it is to find accommodation from Fatima to Ansiao (particularly in Seiça, Caxarias or Bofinho) and if it is neccessary to book ahead? I found information on the Rota Carmelita and there are some accommodation but not that much and not all has contact information.

My alternative plan was to walk from Fatima to Tomar and join back the Camino Portugues. Any advise or suggestions would be welcome!

Hola everyone, I'm planning to walk the Carmelite route from Coimbra to Fatima in mid September. I will first walk the Camino Ingles in Galicia from Ferrol, spend a night or two in Santiago, and then catch the ALSA bus to Coimbra, and start the walk from there after a day or two. I've been to Coimbra previously, so I'm familiar that the trail begins at the Carmelite convent of Sister Lucille, goes across the river and onward. Are all the albergues open on the Carmelite way? I've seen some sites detailing the laps and which towns have albergues, but don't have any pricing for the different ones. As far as signage, is it just a blue arrow rather than the regular yellow one for the Santiago routes? I can't wait to get back on the camino again. The Camino ingles will be my 6th camino since 2016.

The signs are very nice. They have a special symbol on them. One hard place is through some logging area. I would suggest a taxi or bus from Coimbra to the archeological site, the walk to of Coimbra is not great. We walked it backwards..but you can check our blog.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back