• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rota Vicentina

efdoucette

Time of past OR future Camino
2011 Camino Frances
Since 2011 - too many to list
Hello friends,

I was wondering if anyone has walked this trail, Rota Vicentina. It is located in SW Portugal and I think somewhat tied to the Way of St James. I am curious about the trail in general and mainly about accommodations along the trail.

Here is the website, looks fantastic.
http://www.rotavicentina.com/?lang=en

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hello friends,

I was wondering if anyone has walked this trail, Rota Vicentina. It is located in SW Portugal and I think somewhat tied to the Way of St James. I am curious about the trail in general and mainly about accommodations along the trail.

Here is the website, looks fantastic.
http://www.rotavicentina.com/?lang=en

The Rota Vicentina is a recent endeavor to open the Alentejo region in Portugal for eco-tourism. There is no supported camino as such but it is a very beautiful remote coastal walk (not a camino) south of Lisbon spanning 350 k from Cabo St Vincent, west of Lagos north to Santiago do Cacém (or vice versa). For a few earlier Forum posts regarding the Rota see this thread.

MM

My husband and I will be traveling to Portugal Sept/Oct. for my daughters very small destination wedding in the Southern Algarve. We plan on spending about 12 days hiking the Rota Vicentina after the wedding. Most of the accomodations from that website appear to be small pensions, however I have noticed that there are some hostels along the fishermans route which seem to be mainly used by surfers. I don't know if this is a young croud or not. I think we will probably stay in the small pensions even if the prices are much higher than when we walked the Camino last fall. From what I've been able to determine is the hike is not too difficult except for when the walk goes along the beach and sand. I think there will probably be more options for places to stay in a few years after the Route gains in popularity. It looks amazingly beautiful and we are both looking forward to this trek. Spend time on the website, there is quite a bit of info on it if you take the time.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back