• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Rounding the Reservoir

Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
In a few months I'll be setting off from Logrono again, and in no time at all will arrive at a beautiful reservoir in the Parque Granjera. .... The last time I arrived there (2015), I turned right at the reservoir, as per Brierley. I enjoyed the walk very much -- fond memories of chatting with the Peregrino Pasante, and of feeding the carp.... But someone whose opinions I respect has suggested that this time I should turn left at the reservoir, and take the road less traveled....

Should I? Anybody done that? I'm not a risk-taker, but I'm tempted!

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Those who know me know that crosses don't do it for me, usually, After leaving Logroño and passing through La Grejera you hit the highway but instead of bumming out you come upon

61191 blessedly blocking the view!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I think I'll go to the right this time, just as I did before. ... Mostly to chat once more with the Peregrino Pasante. He may be a coot, but he's my kind of coot!

Last edited:
Back