• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Route Change and Compostela?

Renascer

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi Everyone! I am finally headed to my Camino next month now May 2022. I have a question for you about the Compostela. I will be starting in Porto but once i pass Tui i would like to go to Oia with a Bus(if there is one) and continue from there. If I start again from Oia towards Santiago and also doing the Spiritual route will i have any issue to get the Compostela if i get the two stamps everyday? Thank you for any help. And if you know about any bus i could get to go from Tui to Oia.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Pilgrim Office needs to see that you walked the last 100 km into Santiago on a recognized route. They don’t care where you started. If Oia is inside the 100 km, then you need to start earlier on the map than that.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
As art4web indicates, you need to specify which Oia you're referring to. There's one just south of Baiona on the coastal and one closer to Vigo. A quick look at Rome2Rio shows you can get the ALSA bus from Tui to Vigo but the rest of journey depends on which Oia you mean. In any case, either Oia guarantees you getting the Compostela because the outer limit of the 100 km would be Vigo.

As art4web indicates, you need to specify which Oia you're referring to. There's one just south of Baiona on the coastal and one closer to Vigo. A quick look at Rome2Rio shows you can get the ALSA bus from Tui to Vigo but the rest of journey depends on which Oia you mean. In any case, either Oia guarantees you getting the Compostela because the outer limit of the 100 km would be Vigo.
Thank you Guys so much. I had no idea there are two “OIA”. Looking at the map is the one south of Mougas. The problem is that I was checking Tranportantion and i dont see a way to get there from Tui. Seems that i need to go north to Vigo and back to go to Oia. Going north to go back south again that would waste so much time. Let me know what would be the best way to do this. Tui to Oia.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I just saw this reply. Thanks. Yes i saw that in rome2rio. I would like to avoid to go vigo and back. Wondering if another option existed.

I just saw this reply. Thanks. Yes i saw that in rome2rio. I would like to avoid to go vigo and back. Wondering if another option existed.
Try researching Tui-A Guarda-Oia. Rome2rio shows a ride share from Tui to A Guarda (https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Tui/A-Guarda#r/Rideshare/s/0). Then you can take this bus (https://lugove.gal/ruta-de-bus-a-guarda-vigo/) to Oia. If that doesn't work, you can take a train from Tui (or Valença) to Caminha on the Portuguese side of the Minho, then cross the river and pick up the bus to Oia in A Guarda. Looks like there's no easy, direct connection from Tui to Oia.

Try researching Tui-A Guarda-Oia. Rome2rio shows a ride share from Tui to A Guarda (https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Tui/A-Guarda#r/Rideshare/s/0). Then you can take this bus (https://lugove.gal/ruta-de-bus-a-guarda-vigo/) to Oia. If that doesn't work, you can take a train from Tui (or Valença) to Caminha on the Portuguese side of the Minho, then cross the river and pick up the bus to Oia in A Guarda. Looks like there's no easy, direct connection from Tui to Oia.
Thank you Ken yes as i look closely still seems like i need to go first to Vigo or A guarda.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back