A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Route from Trieste, Italy to Spain

Eva Guðbjörg

Camino(s) past & future
EPW
Hey,
I am looking for a route that starts in Trieste, Italy and goes to Santiago de Compostela, do you have any suggestions ? :)

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Hey,
I am looking for a route that starts in Trieste, Italy and goes to Santiago de Compostela, do you have any suggestions ? :)
Hi,

Scroll down the main page to the sub-forums and you'll find info there.
Or simply use Search function with Trieste as a keyword.

Happy planning!

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
It’s very possible to walk from Trieste to Venice, just follow the coastal roads. If you are so inclined, you can hop on a ferry or two for parts of it. When I walked that stretch, I made up my own route using maps.me and followed footpaths and roads. Some road portions need good care.

The camino is marked after Venice, I believe. It’s likely marked before that, but I made my own route, with St Mark’s my destination, after walking to Trieste from Bratislava.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
Hey,
Hi Eva
@KinkyOne above posted some interesting info on this thread. (Go to his post #10)

A preview is this screen shot of the hiking map trails linked in that post. There is something for everyone in that file !! Have a look at the hiking trails link

Buen camino/s.
Annie

Attachments

Last edited:

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Hi Eva
@KinkyOne above posted some interesting info on this thread. (Go to his post #10)

A preview is this screen shot of the hiking map trails linked in that post. There is something for everyone in that file !! Have a look at the hiking trails link

Buen camino/s.
Annie
True but mentioned link/map is pretty scarce with St.James Ways outside Spain, Portugal & France. Mostly there are E routes and other National routes like Slovenian Mountain Trail.

But here is a map with St.James Ways in Europe. Also through Northern Italy and even with all four branches of the Slovenian St.James Way:

Otherwise more info here on the forum at https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/europe.90/

he.panpub

Camino(s) past & future
19 Levante, CP da Costa;18 Sagrès-Santiago;17 Torrès,Primitivo; 16 C Portugues ;15 CF; 14 Podensis
On April 26, I should have left Budapest to join Santiago. I should have hiked through Hungary, Slovenia, northern Italy, southern France. From Trieste, I would have walked on Via Flavia, then Via Postumia, Via della Costa, Via Aurelia to arrive in Arles and take Via Tolosana.
See the website http://viapostumia.eu/

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock