• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Route ideas

Leigh Macklin

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances {2016}, Portugese {2017}, CdN {2019},
I'm looking for a walk that is about 2 weeks. For background: previous CF (Pamplona), CP (Lisbon), CdN (Irun), Bruce Trail (best job ever!) plus some shorter routes. God willing I'll be walking Geneva to Pamplona next summer.

This summer I would prefer a walk in Europe or North American, ideally an area that is well serviced as I am recovering from breast cancer (no tent, OK with many cold meals on the trail). Hadrian's wall seems short but my best idea so far.

Please help me folks! LAM

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hadrian's Wall has been on my "To Walk" list for a while:) I plan to do Hadrian's Wall and then go on to Scotland and walk the John Muir Way. Hopefully, I can do that next year:)
Just my two cents!

Check this out:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I enjoy the solitude of the St Olavs Ways. Both the Gudbrandsdalen and St. Olavsleden routes have reasonable places to stay and eat as you get closer to Trondheim so that you don't need to carry several day's food.

In Spain, I would think combining the CI with going to Finisterre through Muxia would also be an option worth considering.

There are many National Trails in the UK that are good for 1/2/6 week walks see:-
Additionally, another option would be the Coast to Coast Path a 2-week walk that is a favourite of walkers from Europe and "the other side of the pond" see:-
There are companies that will book accommodation and supply maps etc should you require them. Just Google as I wouldn't want to recommend one over another.

In 2 weeks one can do a combo of La Senda de Camille + Camino Aragones. Senda is a really spectacular circular track in Pyrenees, well maintained and could be entered at Somport https://www.lasendadecamille.com/en/stages/ . Next then CA from Somport to Pamplona. This combination requires some stamina though, both of climbing steep slopes and having fun with 30+ km daily..

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have hiked both Hadrians Wall and Wainwright's Coast to Coast, and both are wonderful If UK is your thought, Cornwall, West Highland Way, and Cotswolds are also suggestions. In Portugal in the south is the Rota Vicente. These last I have not walked, but hear a lot of positive comments.

If you have a walk from Geneva to Pamplona planned in the not-too-distant future, you could do worse than to walk the Via Jacobi in Switzerland. This is the St James route that leads into Geneva, and it is the most spectacular scenery of any Camino segment, imho. You can easily access Einsiedeln by train from Zurich.

Since my time is limited to 2-3 weeks, I’ve done a number of these. I particularly liked Hadrians Wall Path and many 2-week sections of the Appalachian Trail (requires more self-support, sleeping bag or fleece liner). An eclectic walk many in the UK look down on, I enjoyed the Isle of Wight Coastal Path, and added a couple of days inland across the downs. So many choices, so little time. Buen Your Own Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Another two-week possibility would be to combine the first part of the Camino Via Serrana in Andalucia with a loop through the remote villages of the Genal Valley using the Ruta Fray Leopoldo as a connector. The 15 remote villages in the Genal valley all have small hotels or casas rurales.

Via Serrana (La Linea to Jimera de Libar) = 87.3 km (This includes the spectacular stage through the​
Cañón de las Buitreras.)​
Ruta Fray Leopoldo (Jimera de Libar to Atajate) = 12.65 km​
Genal Valley Loop (Atajate through 15 villages back to Atajate) = 130 km​
Total = 230 km​

You could adjust the total km by adding or subtracting parts of the Via Serrana. Or you could spend the entire two weeks in the Valle del Genal by doing day walks from the villages in addition to the loop.

Last edited:
There are many National Trails in the UK that are good for 1/2/6 week walks see:-
Additionally, another option would be the Coast to Coast Path a 2-week walk that is a favourite of walkers from Europe and "the other side of the pond" see:-
There are companies that will book accommodation and supply maps etc should you require them. Just Google as I wouldn't want to recommend one over another.
I will be travelling from Morocco and am hoping for 7-10 day suggestions for afterwards. Unfortunately my endurance is not where I would like it to be. Max 30K flat, 20K mid, less...unsure. Thanks for any suggestions!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If you have a walk from Geneva to Pamplona planned in the not-too-distant future, you could do worse than to walk the Via Jacobi in Switzerland. This is the St James route that leads into Geneva, and it is the most spectacular scenery of any Camino segment, imho. You can easily access Einsiedeln by train from Zurich.Thi

Most read last week in this forum

I have been incredibly inspired by so many stories of loss, pain, diagnosis, or other stories that tug at my heart strings, but one pilgrim, since lost in the threads here, was an 83 year old man...
I started my training walks last fall in preparation for the camino frances this year. This included walking in the mall in bad winter weather (ugh!). My husband was undecided about joining me...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.