A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Route St. Jean Pied de Port- Biaritz

martini

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
portugal way, french way, muxia way- past
Aragones way, catalan way, piamonte way- future
Hello everyone!
Has anyone gone this way like this: st. Jean Pied de Port- Helette- Espelette- Biaritz? Because both have a municipal gite and look closer to Biaritz. Is it soomething of good idea?
Muchas Gracias!
Buen Camino!

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Seven Compostelas in Three years and counting......

Pilger99

Camino(s) past & future
addicted since 1999 (Aragones, CF), lots of caminos in Spain and Portugal since then
If these trails are correct https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#?map=12!43.3098!-1.3825
VN (Voie de la Nive) does not connect with Camino Baztan in or near Espelette.
You can stay in Ustaritz on either route.
At the first glance there is no nice walk into Biarritz, but at least walking between motorway A63 and airport gives you a good chance not to get lost (leave the trail with Chemin de Compagnet).

martini

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
If these trails are correct https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#?map=12!43.3098!-1.3825
At the first glance there is no nice walk into Biarritz, but at least walking between motorway A63 and airport gives you a good chance not to get lost (leave the trail with Chemin de Compagnet).
Hi, Pilger99!
Ustritz has a Maison family house, Helette has a gite comunal.
Is it possible to book this accommodotion and find it, if I dont know any word in french?

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Camino(s) past & future
2019 Biarritz-Pamplona-Lourdes
2018 Aragon/Frances/Finis
2018 Operation Sabre
2018 Marin Ramble
Just walked that route (did not detour through Espelette, but a side-path goes there. My posts are one of the links above.

Gronze.com lists the Helette contact under the BATZAN route. You pick up the keys as it’s an unstaffed building, so arranging in advance is pretty much required. Espelette has a cheap municipal, though it’s had bedbug issues annually.

Overall, it’s an incredible walk and I highly recommend it! PM me if you want more info

martini

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
Just walked that route (did not detour through Espelette, but a side-path goes there. My posts are one of the links above.

Gronze.com lists the Helette contact under the BATZAN route. You pick up the keys as it’s an unstaffed building, so arranging in advance is pretty much required. Espelette has a cheap municipal, though it’s had bedbug issues annually.

Overall, it’s an incredible walk and I highly recommend it! PM me if you want more info
Excuse me!
I studied all the Gronze, but did not find a page where I joined Helette with Camino Batzan. As well as Wikyloc do not find any stage of the Voi de la Nive, except Bayona- Ustaritz.
Maybe someone can give GPS from Voi de la Nive?

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
I La Voie de la Nive 6

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 146 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 248 25.2%