Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Route St. Jean Pied de Port- Biaritz

martini

Pilgrim
Past OR future Camino
Hello everyone!
Has anyone gone this way like this: st. Jean Pied de Port- Helette- Espelette- Biaritz? Because both have a municipal gite and look closer to Biaritz. Is it soomething of good idea?
Muchas Gracias!
Buen Camino!

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Again, soon as possible!

Pilger99

Past OR future Camino
addicted since 1999 (Aragones, CF), lots of caminos in Spain and Portugal since then
If these trails are correct https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#?map=12!43.3098!-1.3825
VN (Voie de la Nive) does not connect with Camino Baztan in or near Espelette.
You can stay in Ustaritz on either route.
At the first glance there is no nice walk into Biarritz, but at least walking between motorway A63 and airport gives you a good chance not to get lost (leave the trail with Chemin de Compagnet).

martini

Pilgrim
Past OR future Camino
If these trails are correct https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#?map=12!43.3098!-1.3825
At the first glance there is no nice walk into Biarritz, but at least walking between motorway A63 and airport gives you a good chance not to get lost (leave the trail with Chemin de Compagnet).
Hi, Pilger99!
Ustritz has a Maison family house, Helette has a gite comunal.
Is it possible to book this accommodotion and find it, if I dont know any word in french?

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Past OR future Camino
Just walked that route (did not detour through Espelette, but a side-path goes there. My posts are one of the links above.

Gronze.com lists the Helette contact under the BATZAN route. You pick up the keys as it’s an unstaffed building, so arranging in advance is pretty much required. Espelette has a cheap municipal, though it’s had bedbug issues annually.

Overall, it’s an incredible walk and I highly recommend it! PM me if you want more info

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

martini

Pilgrim
Past OR future Camino
Just walked that route (did not detour through Espelette, but a side-path goes there. My posts are one of the links above.

Gronze.com lists the Helette contact under the BATZAN route. You pick up the keys as it’s an unstaffed building, so arranging in advance is pretty much required. Espelette has a cheap municipal, though it’s had bedbug issues annually.

Overall, it’s an incredible walk and I highly recommend it! PM me if you want more info
Excuse me!
I studied all the Gronze, but did not find a page where I joined Helette with Camino Batzan. As well as Wikyloc do not find any stage of the Voi de la Nive, except Bayona- Ustaritz.
Maybe someone can give GPS from Voi de la Nive?

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads