• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Route St. Jean Pied de Port- Biaritz

martini

Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
Hello everyone!
Has anyone gone this way like this: st. Jean Pied de Port- Helette- Espelette- Biaritz? Because both have a municipal gite and look closer to Biaritz. Is it soomething of good idea?
Muchas Gracias!
Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If these trails are correct https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#?map=12!43.3098!-1.3825
VN (Voie de la Nive) does not connect with Camino Baztan in or near Espelette.
You can stay in Ustaritz on either route.
At the first glance there is no nice walk into Biarritz, but at least walking between motorway A63 and airport gives you a good chance not to get lost (leave the trail with Chemin de Compagnet).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If these trails are correct https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#?map=12!43.3098!-1.3825
At the first glance there is no nice walk into Biarritz, but at least walking between motorway A63 and airport gives you a good chance not to get lost (leave the trail with Chemin de Compagnet).
Hi, Pilger99!
Ustritz has a Maison family house, Helette has a gite comunal.
Is it possible to book this accommodotion and find it, if I dont know any word in french?

Just walked that route (did not detour through Espelette, but a side-path goes there. My posts are one of the links above.

Gronze.com lists the Helette contact under the BATZAN route. You pick up the keys as it’s an unstaffed building, so arranging in advance is pretty much required. Espelette has a cheap municipal, though it’s had bedbug issues annually.

Overall, it’s an incredible walk and I highly recommend it! PM me if you want more info

Just walked that route (did not detour through Espelette, but a side-path goes there. My posts are one of the links above.

Gronze.com lists the Helette contact under the BATZAN route. You pick up the keys as it’s an unstaffed building, so arranging in advance is pretty much required. Espelette has a cheap municipal, though it’s had bedbug issues annually.

Overall, it’s an incredible walk and I highly recommend it! PM me if you want more info
Excuse me!
I studied all the Gronze, but did not find a page where I joined Helette with Camino Batzan. As well as Wikyloc do not find any stage of the Voi de la Nive, except Bayona- Ustaritz.
Maybe someone can give GPS from Voi de la Nive?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back