A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Route Suggestions starting October 21

2020 Camino Guides

Tomwolfe007

Camino(s) past & future
Plata
Support and positivity needed! Im pretty introverted so I’m shocked I’m even doing this and until recently I didn’t even know the camino existed but I believe the camino found me and that it will direct me towards happiness. I am currently in Oviedo visiting a friend and I have a cheap flight to Seville on Sunday. I thought about doing the plata route but I’m worried it’s too late in the season and too long of a trek so I’m thinking of hiking from Seville to Zafra(or farther) , then bus to Astorga and then from there hike to Santiago. Is that a good idea? Or is it frowned upon to start and pick up somewhere else? My flight was only 40$ so I could forego it and just start in Oviedo or somewhere else instead but I’ve never been to southern Spain so maybe I just as well start there. Thoughts for an uplifting route? I’m 28, fit and thinking 20-30 days. I am a bit worried about being too cold but I’m prepared for that.

C clearly

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016), VDLP (2017), Mozarabe (2018), Vasco/Bayona (2019)
Is that a good idea? Or is it frowned upon to start and pick up somewhere else
Sounds like a fine idea to me. There is no frowning at all, except maybe by people who are jealous of your opportunity. Be prepared with layers for any weather, and enjoy yourself!

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'Portuguese,Frances,Norte,Salvador/primitivo,Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, VDLP spring19
Sounds like a great plan.
There are no rules about where to start !
Just be aware that if you want to pick up your Compostela in Santiago ; that you obtain 2,daily sellos from 100k out if walking.
I think for an introverted pilgrim you are showing a lot of adventurous spirit and I’d go with it !
Buen camino
Annie

gypsy9

Agreed, no frowns! Another idea if you wanted to begin pronto...begin in Oviedo and continue on to Finesterre and Muxia and then return on foot to Santiago de compostella—it’s a beautiful Way and no breaking your journey...and rest days by the coast...whatever you decide—enjoy the adventure and Camino!!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
Support and positivity needed! Im pretty introverted so I’m shocked I’m even doing this and until recently I didn’t even know the camino existed but I believe the camino found me and that it will direct me towards happiness. I am currently in Oviedo visiting a friend and I have a cheap flight to Seville on Sunday. I thought about doing the plata route but I’m worried it’s too late in the season and too long of a trek so I’m thinking of hiking from Seville to Zafra(or farther) , then bus to Astorga and then from there hike to Santiago. Is that a good idea? Or is it frowned upon to start and pick up somewhere else? My flight was only 40$ so I could forego it and just start in Oviedo or somewhere else instead but I’ve never been to southern Spain so maybe I just as well start there. Thoughts for an uplifting route? I’m 28, fit and thinking 20-30 days. I am a bit worried about being too cold but I’m prepared for that.
You’ve got plenty of time.

Just find Santiago on a map and start walking towards it, it’s the original tradition which clearly predates all the ‘you must do that, you must not do the other’ nonsense.

You’ll have a great time and a truly original experience.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 173 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 279 24.4%