A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Route to Arcos from Vila do Conde

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

Guemes

Camino(s) past & future
None
Any information on the route to Arcos via Junqueira from Vila do Conde? It sounds like I don’t want to head to Rates on the dangerous cobblestone road! I’ll be walking the beginning of October and think I’d like to switch back to the central Camino .

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
I was walking the same route last October. When you cross the bridge into Vila do Conde, immediately turn right and walk beside the river. That will set you off on the right route. As I recall, the route was reasonably well signposted - at least as well as the rest of the Camino Portugues from Porto. I also had the TrailSmart app on my phone with the CP kmz files so if I was worried I could check that - but I don't recall relying on it much.

Last edited:

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
This is a kmz file for the route between Vila do Conde and Arcos. Download the Maps.me app to use it.

Attachments

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
This is a kmz file for the route between Vila do Conde and Arcos. Download the Maps.me app to use it.

Just FYI - walked this connection between Vila do Conde and the Central Route and this file and Maps.me worked perfectly.

Annapolis

Camino(s) past & future
CF-SJPP-Finisterre (Oct 2015), CF-SJPP-Burgos (June 2016), C-(Burgos-SDC (June 2017). CI-(Sept 2018)
We just did this route yesterday, it is well marked. I used the Brierly guide, the only place you should watch is at the T junction, there is no yellow arrow and you must turn right.
Good luck and buen Camino

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%