• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Routes near Saint Bertrand de comminges

Birchwoody

Time of past OR future Camino
Looking to walk from St Bertrand for 3 days on the Arles route
I am staying nr Saint Bertrand in a couple of weeks and am looking to do 3-4 days walking. I would like to walk on one of the French camino routes, but am a little confused as to whether St Bertrand is on a route. (Arles or Piedmont routes?). Any routes or comments would be appreciated, thanks

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes, it is. I recently visited Comminges. It is, a mentioned above, on the Piémont way.
http://www.cathedrale-saint-bertrand.org/halte-chemin-saint-jacques.html
I did not see jacobean symbols or signpost in Comminges proper, but there is a plaque at the near (and very notable) Valcabrère paleochristian basilica. Don´t forget to visit it (a note: I remember it closes in an odd day -maybe in Wednesday?)
Comminges is more known, obviously. It is a wonderful place.
From there, you can see the Pyrinees on the horizon. It seems a very good place for starting a walk.

DSCF5551.JPG

It is indeed on the Piemont Way.
There are actually way marks (can't remember whether the small yellow French arrows or the white-red-GR-signs).
In 2011, there was even Pilgrim's albergue with a small emergency shop because there was no "épicerie" in town…

Thanks for the info, does anyone know any good campsites en the route. Are there a few hostels?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I just spent two weeks in the area myself, (in a village called Arguenos, near Cazaunous) and was delighted to find one of the nearby hiking trail waymarked with scallop shells. When I visited San Bertrand and San Just, I met a hardy pilgrim in each of them. There is no escaping the Camino de Santiago!
What a beautiful trail this is. It makes me think...

Last edited:
I was there in June. It is on the Piedmont route and there is a pilgrim albergue. I used the Lepere guide. You could walk to Lourdes, stopping at Lortet, Bourg-de-Bigorre and Bagnered-de-Bigorre. There is an alternative route for the last day into Lourdes, which was given to me by the Patronne of the Hotel le Commerce.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back