• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Running last 100km from Tui to Santiago

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We as a group are walking from Tui to Santiago.My late sons friends want to run it in 3 stages.Advice needed on stages and comfy beds for tired legs.

First night Tui where there are enough choices of albergues and private rooms ( hotels and pensions ) .
Then a stop in Arcade? More or less 40 kilometers.

Next stop maybe Caldas de Reis ? Lots of choices there.
Abergue Cruceiro is really a refurbished hotel with triple and quadruple rooms ( all single beds ).
This would be a shorter day of 34 kilometers.

Then finally to Santiago.

Take a look at Godesalco, a very good tool to plan distances.

Good luck with the prep!

Last edited:
First night Tui where there are enough choices of albergues and private rooms ( hotels and pensions ) .
Then a stop in Arcade? More or less 40 kilometers.

Next stop maybe Caldas de Reis ? Lots of choices there.
Abergue Cruceiro is really a refurbished hotel with triple and quadruple rooms ( all single beds ).
This would be a shorter day of 34 kilometers.

Then finally to Santiago.

Take a look at Godesalco, a very good tool to plan distances.

Good luch with the prep!
Thank you so much

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Invest in a Camino Portuguese guidebook. You can purchase one on this forum. Way better way to research.

Invest in a Camino Portuguese guidebook. You can purchase one on this forum. Way better way to research.
You can invest in a book plus ask fellow forummembers at the same time. Informing and helping other pilgrims is after all the core business of this forum.
The research is as good!
Buen Camino to you.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
That would be a great way to honor your son. As they will be completing at least the minimum number of kilometers to qualify for the Compostela, they can also include your son’s name on their Certificate “Vicarie pro.” In other words, that they ran in his honor. We are walking the CP this spring to honor my wife’s father who passed away last year. Although our Compostela will be issued to us, his name will also appear Vicarie pro on that document.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You can invest in a book plus ask fellow forummembers at the same time. Informing and helping other pilgrims is after all the core business of this forum.
The research is as good!
Buen Camino to you.
Yeah but the guidebook comes without didactics and opinions lol

But genuine posts here come with empathy and compassion for the OP.
Sorry @Will O Dwyer for hijacking this thread. Like I wrote earlier, please feel free to pm me.
Nothing will bring back my son who gave his life trying to save others.The comfort I get is the kindness offered by total strangers .This is the Camino.
God bless

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Nothing will bring back my son who gave his life trying to save others.The comfort I get is the kindness offered by total strangers .This is the Camino.
God bless

I know that stretch of the W. Cleddau well, where it passes through Haverfordwest.
I will leave a flower in it when I am next there.

Your son packed so much into his short life - so much generosity of spirit towards his fellow human beings and tragedy too.

Your Camino will be a wonderful tribute to an admirable man of integrity.

Ultreia!!

We as a group are walking from Tui to Santiago.My late sons friends want to run it in 3 stages.Advice needed on stages and comfy beds for tired legs.
Tui - Albergue Villa San Clemente - 686342075 or 678747700
Redondela - Albergue A Conserveira - 676667293
Caldas de Reis - Albergue Timonel - 696805305 - and if you arrive in time for midday meal - Bar Castro - best Menu Peregrino anywhere - 9 euros.
Santiago de Compostela - Albergue Seminario Menor La Asuncion - 881031768.

Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I know that stretch of the W. Cleddau well, where it passes through Haverfordwest.
I will leave a flower in it when I am next there.

Your son packed so much into his short life - so much generosity of spirit towards his fellow human beings and tragedy too.

Your Camino will be a wonderful tribute to an admirable man of integrity.

Ultreia!!
You are so kind.We cannot revisit the river where Paul died. Thank you so much for the offer.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back