• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino RussB’s Camino Mozárabe from Almería

RussB

Time of past OR future Camino
Still planning
I had the pleasure of meeting Nely yesterday for a quick coffee and chat and am starting today. It seems like I have spend months/ years planning this trip and yet now I feel totally unprepared. I’ll let you know how I get in. Short day today to Rioja which means I can pick up some last minute supplies in Almeria

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Good luck on your journey. Buen Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm in Monterubio de la Serena today, so quite a long way ahead of you. Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi RussB,
Are you going all the way to SDC in one trip? Keep us all up to date, sounds like a future Camino for wife and I.

We walked Portuguese central (from Porto) last September. So we are returning to walk the coastal section, Porto to Caminha starting next Saturday, then going off route to the Penda-Geres National Park for a wander in the mountains.

Buen Camino
Airfix

Hi RussB,
Are you going all the way to SDC in one trip? Keep us all up to date, sounds like a future Camino for wife and I.

We walked Portuguese central (from Porto) last September. So we are returning to walk the coastal section, Porto to Caminha starting next Saturday, then going off route to the Penda-Geres National Park for a wander in the mountains.

Buen Camino
Airfix
Hi, yes I am, if I have time I will go across to Muxia.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
One thing I meant to add, and hope this is ok , you can follow me on Instagram russellsb1964. If I’m not supposed to do this apologies please delete.
That's fine. You can also put the Instagram link in your signature. We just don't like it when people post frequent or daily links to their other social media accounts, and make no contribution to forum content.

Tomorrow's walk from Alboloduy was a highlight of the Mozarabe, for me - spectacular and unique views.

That's fine. You can also put the Instagram link in your signature. We just don't like it when people post frequent or daily links to their other social media accounts, and make no contribution to forum content.

Tomorrow's walk from Alboloduy was a highlight of the Mozarabe, for me - spectacular and unique views.
Understood and thanks. Today was lovely. My walking in normally in the Lake District where you are almost tripping over people , but today no one between Rioja and finish.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Understood and thanks. Today was lovely. My walking in normally in the Lake District where you are almost tripping over people , but today no one between Rioja and finish.
What are the accommodation options on the Mozarabe? Are there albergues or is it mostly private rooms?

What are the accommodation options on the Mozarabe? Are there albergues or is it mostly private rooms?
Hi, I’m only on second night so hard to have balanced idea, however I met up with Nely from the Almeria Amigos and have spent first night and tonight in the municipal donitivo alberges. Im the only one here. Im think that when I get to the bigger towns, and /or further North I’ll look for hotel or private. But thus far can’t complain. Nely and Mercedes do a great job

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The best source for information about pilgrim accommodation (both albergues and budget hostales) is the guide that is updated monthly by the local pilgrim association. You can find it on their website here; scroll down their page a little to see the link to the latest update of the GUIA DEL CAMINO POR ETAPAS DESDE ALMERIA A MÉRIDA ( MAPS INCLUDED ESTABLISMENT STAGE FROM ALMERIA TO MÉRIDA).

Also, look at this reference thread pinned to the top of the forum Mozarabe section - it has a link to the same website.

The best source for information about pilgrim accommodation (both albergues and budget hostales) is the guide that is updated monthly by the local pilgrim association. You can find it on their website here; scroll down their page a little to see the link to the latest update of the GUIA DEL CAMINO POR ETAPAS DESDE ALMERIA A MÉRIDA ( MAPS INCLUDED ESTABLISMENT STAGE FROM ALMERIA TO MÉRIDA).

Also, look at this reference thread pinned to the top of the forum Mozarabe section - it has a link to the same website.
Thank you, much clearer than what I said😀

Hi, I’m only on second night so hard to have balanced idea, however I met up with Nely from the Almeria Amigos and have spent first night and tonight in the municipal donitivo alberges. Im the only one here. Im think that when I get to the bigger towns, and /or further North I’ll look for hotel or private. But thus far can’t complain. Nely and Mercedes do a great job
Great, that’s good to know.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Excellent, thank you… I had a quick look on Gronze.com but didn’t see any albergues listed for the first few days from Almeria. I must add the Camino Mozarabe to my to do list!

much clearer than what I said
You are walking. On riverbeds. I am sitting at home on my computer! :)

I had a quick look on Gronze.com but didn’t see any albergues listed for the first few days from Almeria.
I think Gronze is still a work-in-progress for the Mozarabe. A note says that Stages 10 onward are covered, but the rest is to come in 2022.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You are walking. On riverbeds. I am sitting at home on my computer! :)

I think Gronze is still a work-in-progress for the Mozarabe. A note says that Stages 10 onward are covered, but the rest is to come in 2022.
Very true, but thank you none the less

Wading up the river from Alboloduy to Alba is probably something I will never forget, ever , no matter what.
25km with feet in the river was 100% type 2 fun.
Still it’s done now.
The scenery is spectacular absolutely rugged and totally different from anything I have seen before.
Staying in the Alberge in Alba, very nice.
Looking at the weather forecast things are literally looking brighter, happy days .

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Now in Guadix, what a beautiful town, quite stunning.
The walk from Alquife was lovely, weather warming up , but I was happy to plod on.
Stayed in Alberge Lacho last night and would recommend , small out of centre but not a prob.
I live in London , and if always seems so busy , however , now on day 6 and can feel so much more relaxed

€46,-
Stay in Quentin last night , the hotel.All good , the bar next door does great food.
The walk across from. La Peza was exactly what I was wanted , super hot and dusty but the scenery is absolutely breathtaking, just a perfect day. Off to Granada today
Russ are you in Quentar? Following your comments with interest as my wife and I did the Mozarabe in 2017, but in July and it was a little warm. Did you meet many other peregrinos as I think we only met one on the whole camino

Apologies, been having some phone problems , but all sorted now. Currently in Santa Cruz, staying in La Bartola, very impressed Very clean Very friendly and great food.
There have been some very hot days, but early starts and plenty of carried water have meant it’s been testing but ok.
This part of Spain is so beautiful , the people and scenery.
This Camino is proving to be more than I could have hoped for and enjoying 100%

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Russ are you in Quentar? Following your comments with interest as my wife and I did the Mozarabe in 2017, but in July and it was a little warm. Did you meet many other peregrinos as I think we only met one on the whole camino
Hi, it’s warm , tbh prob too warm past 3pm. For the first 9 days didn’t see any other peregrinos, but have now seen 4 in the last 4 days.

In Merida and starting Via de la Plata tomorrow. Looking forward to it, but small anxious at the same time. Have had some lovely company gif the past 3 days and now back out on my own. The walk so far has been superb, with hindsight I have loved every minute.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back