• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rustico spa hotel

Oztrekker

Time of past OR future Camino
I started in st jean and am currently in leon. My foot is blistered after my boots wore out.

Have completed many long distance treks longest is 1000 km, bibulmun track.
I purchased this as a treat. It is near the walkway to the beach.

The drawcard for me was the spa room.

The problem was when i went to use it, it did not switch on.

I asked the owner if i could use it he said impossible.

I said no, i want the spa he kept saying impossible.

Then he relented and said he would switch it on later and he would charge me over 40 dollars i already paid a 100 for the room.

Every other spa hotel has been free use of the spa. So i am a bit confused about this place.

From what i understand it used to be a farmhouse.

So if you expect to use the spa make sure you get the full details in writing from the proprietor.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sad if you were disappointed. We too stayed in a Spa hotel, the Casa Conors in Foz (Ruta do Mar). Our room - a double - was not as expensive as this, and we paid in euros at a good exchange rate. The spa would have been 15€ extra per room per night. We were not wanting to use it, but it was offered - and the second night we were the only guests. Highly recommended if anyone is walking that northern route from Ribadeo round the coast to Burela and San Cibrao.

Edit:- This was in May, the price now (July) at Casa Conors is 100US$ so it seems to be the 'going rate' and the Rustica's website does say that the spa etc is extra. Still disappointing if you did not realise.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

yesterday a very dear friend passed away, a wonderful lady I have known since I started working in the Middle East 15 years ago (she was Muslim- only writing that as it was strange to others she...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back