• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ruta del Ebro walking guide needed

becca4958

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi everyone. I'm trying to find a guide for the Ruta del Ebro. Can anyone tell me where I can find one? Many thanks. Becca

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Becca,

I bought mine years ago at the Editorial BuenCamino.
http://www.editorialbuencamino.com/caminodesantiago/8/camino-jacobeo-del-ebro

But there is a lot if info now also on the internet like the Gronze website.
And here an overview of the different villages and cities of the Ebro.
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camino_de_Santiago_del_Ebro
@peregrina2000 walked this route and she posted about this Camino in the Ebro section here on the forum.

Hi Sabine. Many thanks for the information. I'll take a look at it all. I'm lucky enough to live on the Ebro delta and since I haven't walked a Camino since 2013 and I'm desperate to do another, I thought why not start from home and just keep going! Buen Camino. Becca

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi everyone. I'm trying to find a guide for the Ruta del Ebro. Can anyone tell me where I can find one? Many thanks. Becca

Hi, becca,

@anniethenurse and I started at the Delta of the Ebro a few years ago. It is a very solitary camino, as you probably know, but great walking. Generally well marked. I kept a blog, and there is a link to it in my signature below this post.

One thing I would highly recommend if you have time is that instead of keeping straight north to Logroño from Zaragoza, try the Castellano-Aragonés link to the Lana. That route starts in Gallur, which is on the Ebro a few days north of Zaragoza. That takes you to Santo Domingo de Silos and from there you can walk the San Olav into Burgos, or just stay with the Lana and go into Burgos. I know that sounds confusing, but if you look at the mundicamino map, it will be clear. I would love to walk this route again, but there are just way too many caminos on my list.

http://www.mundicamino.com/los-caminos/

Though I didn't have a guide, I did have a GPS, which really was essential in a couple of places. As Sabine says, there is a lot of info on the internet, and it is easy to get good information about lodging, etc, but I thought the tracks were a godsend in a couple of crucial spots.

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi Becca!
I'm sure I bought my Ruta del Ebro guide from Ivar on this web site. It's in Spanish, but the maps are useful, and help to complement all the yellow arrows you'll see.
I loved the route. But I love very quiet caminos where I can walk quietly and peacefully, and say the occasional prayer. Check out my web site where you can see photo links and download the diary.
http://snicholl5.wixsite.com/home-site/santiago then go down to "Pilgrimage V".
I started from San Carlas: it was when I lived in Calig, just inland from Peniscola.
I think my camino days may be over: were I to repeat a camino it would either be the first [from Porto] or this one.
Blessings from sunny England ...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.