• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ruta do Mar - Ribadeo to ferrol

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The lugo amigos site now has 9 stages posted, but so far with basic stages, place names and distances only. It is helpful and we are hoping it will be expanded. More on the other thread.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
So we are planning again, for 2015. So far we have managed to break the stages into ones that we can manage with one that will need the FEVE rather than the route given and at the far end a taxi and then a bus ride. this is because of lack of accomodation/terrain.

So far we have:-
Ribadeo to As Catedrais (return to Ribadeo); As Catedrais to San Cosmo de Barreiros; then Foz, Burela, San Cibrao, Xove (return to San Cibrao), Xove to Viveiro, train to Espasante/Ortigueira, train to Ponte de Mera and walk to San Andrés de Teixido, then Cedeira, Ferrol and the Inglés.

One thing that is surprising is that places are already taking bookings and getting filled up. While there are most likely others that we have not found, we will not be carrying sleeping bags etc and do not want to have to walk too far, we need to know we have a place to stay. This is influencing some of the stages and our timing.

We will let you know how it goes. :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
So glad to see you back in the planning stages, Tia! Do you have a sense for how well this route is marked? Are you going to join up with the Ingles in Ferrol? Looks like that could be a nice two week walk, just what I need, another Camino to put on the list! Buen camino, Laurie

Yes, we are glad to be planning again and praying for good health for next year. The route from Ribadeo to Xubia is maybe not so well marked, but experience will tell. We have the Mapas Militar as well as the online directions. Part goes over terrain which we feel is too diificult - no accomodation or food for 40kms, montaneros route, etc. However those happy walking longer distances might find it OK. We'll let you know about the signing once we have walked it. The other situation we are encountering is that there is less accomodation and no 'Camino' infrastructure (no albergues) before joining the Inglés. More expensive therefore, especially if needing to book ahead. There may be rooms that we have not yet found on a list anywhere; I don't find the 'turgalicia' site very easy to use and am not sure if it has all the possible places listed. We will keep you posted, and are hoping that it is a worthwhile walk, probably more like 2 lots of 9 days for us. :)

Hi @Tia Valeria , where are you finding information such as 40 km with no food or housing? I am growing increasingly interested in doing this route in May. I drove parts of this with my family last year and it is truly beautiful. But driving and walking are very different animals :)

I've found in some of the other threads the links to the lugo amigo's website which has handy maps, but it's more detailed information like you mention that would be helpful.

- Nate

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi @Tia Valeria , where are you finding information such as 40 km with no food or housing? I am growing increasingly interested in doing this route in May. I drove parts of this with my family last year and it is truly beautiful. But driving and walking are very different animals :)

I've found in some of the other threads the links to the lugo amigo's website which has handy maps, but it's more detailed information like you mention that would be helpful.

- Nate
Hola Nate, We will have to go back into our files and see exactly where we found this information. We too have the Lugo Amigos maps and the rest came from a blog site which I think @mikevasey posted on one of the other threads in this section. Some sections were walked by 'drop 0ff' and 'pick up' as Sunday walks rather than walking it all at one go which further complicates the stages given by Lugo Amigos maps. Off for a walk while the sun is shining - more later. :)

Edit:- the blog which gave the details has gone and is not stored on our computer :(, but there are other links on the threads in this section of the forum. They all appear to work OK still. More to follow in another post when I have sorted our information out again.

Last edited:
As far as I know he walked the Inglés from Covas (near Ferrol) not the Ruta do Mar with another Covas near Viveiro.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ivar has kindly made this whole forum section Ruta do Mar to avoid confusion with the other route of similar name. Thanks Ivar.
I hope to post more about the possible stages and accomodation etc but will do so on Ruta do Mar - Camino Inglés (2015), with updates once we have walked.

Last edited:
Easy done as there are actually 3 places called Covas and all on the Ruta do Mar-Camino Inglés area :confused:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Nate I have sent you a PM and other info

Magwood is walking this route now and blogging.... Fascinating!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks, KinkyOne. One of these days you and I are definitely going to meet in person!
Definitely like the idea. I'll be in Santiago in early July, walking further to Fisterra and have flight back on 14th.
Sooner or later I'll go through Salamanca, either on Manchego/Levante/Teresiano/Torres/Portugal combo or on Augusta/VdlP ;)

Ahhh, so many Caminos to walk.......

Definitely like the idea. I'll be in Santiago in early July, walking further to Fisterra and have flight back on 14th.
Sooner or later I'll go through Salamanca, either on Manchego/Levante/Teresiano/Torres/Portugal combo or on Augusta/VdlP ;)

Ahhh, so many Caminos to walk.......
If you're anywhere near Salamanca, oh great one, you are DEFINITELY going to be well looked after. I'll get the beer in now!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.