Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Ruta do Mar Shorter Stages?

manoll

Peregrina 2013
Past OR future Camino
I would like to walk Ruta do Mar and Camino Inglés next spring and have the Cicerone new guidebook. I've tried planning my daily walking distances following the guidebooks information and also a variation but some days the mileage always ends up being longer than I'd like to walk. Has anyone done this route in shorter stages? Is it possible to only walk 15-18 km a day and not be concerned about finding lodging/food? Your insight and experience will certainly guide me in my planning and I will be very grateful for your help.

Ultreïa,

Mary

I would like to add that I have looked at magwood's blog on this particular route and her daily distances are too long for me. I would like to see detailed lodging information along the entire way to help me plan my stages and have a better idea of how many days I will spend walking to get to Ferrol.

Last edited:
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

manoll

Peregrina 2013
Past OR future Camino
Hi Mary, are you wanting to stay in just Albergues, just Private Accommodation or any combination that fits the 15-18 km requirement?
Hi Miguel,

No, I am definitely open to staying at other type of lodging along the way. Any information you can give me will be very helpful!! Thank you so much for responding to my post:)

E7k

Past OR future Camino
Camino el Norte (2017)
Hi - Did this w my daughter 3 years ago … don’t miss! We find this link pretty helpful - she gives daily notes - i do have to say we followed her route p closely … i think you could shorten most of the days but i know there wold be I think 2 you’d have to do a work around or cab it. I have memories of this one nature preserve that was long … no water, nada. Also, we did stay in all private accommodation but it was all very reasonable.

(hope this helps a little)

manoll

Peregrina 2013
Past OR future Camino
Hi - Did this w my daughter 3 years ago … don’t miss! We find this link pretty helpful - she gives daily notes - i do have to say we followed her route p closely … i think you could shorten most of the days but i know there wold be I think 2 you’d have to do a work around or cab it. I have memories of this one nature preserve that was long … no water, nada. Also, we did stay in all private accommodation but it was all very reasonable.

(hope this helps a little)
E7k, thank you for your reply and information. I definitely will do it, and seems like taxis/public transport will be an option so that is encouraging! Will go to magwood's blog and read carefully:)
Kind regards,
Mary

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

manoll

Peregrina 2013
Past OR future Camino
E7k, thank you for your reply and information. I definitely will do it, and seems like taxis/public transport will be an option so that is encouraging! Will go to magwood's blog and read carefully:)
Kind regards,
Mary

Kind regards,
Mary
I have looked at magwood's blog on this particular route and her daily distances are too long for me. I would like to see detailed lodging information along the entire way to help me plan my stages and have a better idea of how many days I will spend walking to get to Ferrol.

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
Hi Miguel,

No, I am definitely open to staying at other type of lodging along the way. Any information you can give me will be very helpful!! Thank you so much for responding to my post:)
Hi Mary, sorry for the delay getting back to you. I'm afraid I don't have any detailed information on the Ruta do Mar but I have attached a link to my Google Map of the Ingles stages, with accommodation and transport links clearly marked. I try to keep it as up-to-date as possible as and when I hear about changes. Most accommodation icons have links to their website/booking com entry. Hope it helps with your planning.

Feel free to DM me if you want any more detailed information.

peregrina2000

Staff member
I would like to see detailed lodging information along the entire way to help me plan my stages and have a better idea of how many days I will spend walking to get to Ferrol.
Hi @manoll,
Sounds like a great plan. I have been participating in some detailed planning threads for a couple of remote caminos where there are no albergues, and I have been surprised to see how much information you can get off of google maps. Their information about lodging has been incredibly accurate. Once you get the name of the places, you can usually just find direct contact information and go from there.

Good luck!

manoll

Peregrina 2013
Past OR future Camino
Hi @manoll,
Sounds like a great plan. I have been participating in some detailed planning threads for a couple of remote caminos where there are no albergues, and I have been surprised to see how much information you can get off of google maps. Their information about lodging has been incredibly accurate. Once you get the name of the places, you can usually just find direct contact information and go from there.

Good luck!
Hi Laurie,
That is such a great idea! It definitely is encouraging to know that I can check for places to stay and it looks like information is current and there are more choices than what the guidebook has to offer. Thank you!
Take care!
Mary

manoll

Peregrina 2013
Past OR future Camino
Hi Mary, sorry for the delay getting back to you. I'm afraid I don't have any detailed information on the Ruta do Mar but I have attached a link to my Google Map of the Ingles stages, with accommodation and transport links clearly marked. I try to keep it as up-to-date as possible as and when I hear about changes. Most accommodation icons have links to their website/booking com entry. Hope it helps with your planning.

Feel free to DM me if you want any more detailed information.

Hi Miguel, thank you so much for this invaluable link! It's going to be of great help when I begin setting up the dates for the stages on the Camino Inglés. Right now my hope is to travel to Spain the week after Easter, if vaccinated US citizens are allowed to enter the country at that time:) I appreciate your kindness and willingness to share more information and as winter progresses and flying there becomes a reality, without a doubt I will contact you!

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
I would like to walk Ruta do Mar and Camino Inglés next spring and have the Cicerone new guidebook. I've tried planning my daily walking distances following the guidebooks information and also a variation but some days the mileage always ends up being longer than I'd like to walk. Has anyone done this route in shorter stages? Is it possible to only walk 15-18 km a day and not be concerned about finding lodging/food? Your insight and experience will certainly guide me in my planning and I will be very grateful for your help.

Ultreïa,

Mary

I would like to add that I have looked at magwood's blog on this particular route and her daily distances are too long for me. I would like to see detailed lodging information along the entire way to help me plan my stages and have a better idea of how many days I will spend walking to get to Ferrol.
We walked way back in 2015 so I have been checking our blog - Camino 2015 - posts for June. We used only private accommodation, pre-booked. We also skipped some of the long stages where there was no food or accommodation. Also we had limited time and needed to reach Ferrol to walk the Inglés. The FEVE, if times work, and taxis will help. @Dave 's guide varies a little from the route we worked out and you might find our stops shorten some of the days. After such a long time we cannot be certain which places we used are still open etc.
In San Andrés you lose the phone signal at the top of the hill, at the turning to Cedeira, but the lady in the cafe used the radio phone to call us a taxi, so very kind of her.
Hopefully you can work out your stops - most of our days would have been within your 15kms.
Buen Camino

manoll

Peregrina 2013
Past OR future Camino
Tia Valeria, your advice is always valuable and I appreciate your experience. Thank you so much for having such a detailed blog, I've been looking at it and find it very useful. My friends and I are looking forward to doing this wonderful Ruta do Mar and the Camino Inglés in April and May next year:)
Ultreïa!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings