• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ryan Air increase on Spanish flights

Camino2012

Hi all!

I just received this e-mail from Ryanair:

"Dear Customer

In relation to your flight reference ******

Ryanair has been advised by the Spanish Government of a budgetary proposal to increase airport charges later this month.

In accordance with our General Terms and Conditions of Travel* we are advising customers with a reservation that includes a flight departing from a Spanish airport that we may be forced to debit passengers for any government imposed increases in airport charges prior to your travel date.

Once the Spanish government budget is published Ryanair will advise affected passengers by email of any additional airport charges that may apply to your reservation before any charges are made.

Please see our website for updates regarding increases in Spanish airport charges.

Yours sincerely

Ryanair Customer Service

• 4.2.2 Taxes, fees and charges imposed on air travel are constantly changing and can be imposed after the date that your reservation has been made. If any such tax, fee or charge is introduced or increased after your reservation has been made you will be obliged to pay it (or any increase) prior to departure. Similarly, if any such tax, fee or charge is abolished or reduced such that it no longer applies to you, or a lesser amount is due, you will be entitled to claim a refund of the difference from us."

Just wondering if anyone else got this e-mail or knows anything else? I guess it's karma for getting my oh, so cheap flights! Also, I checked the website, no extra information or updates! :roll:

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
At least you will be flying.

I'm bummed because my flight to Barcelona is on May 7, a MONDAY, and Iberia may be striking.
Now THAT sucks!
And I can't change it without paying $250.... and THAT REALLY sucks.

Wanna trade?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Anniesantiago said:

I'm bummed because my flight to Barcelona is on May 7, a MONDAY, and Iberia may be striking.
Now THAT sucks!

Wanna trade?
Just so that you know, they are striking, but so far they have "only" cancelled 50-60% of flights on the days they have been striking so far... you flight might not be affected...

But still... not cool.. :?

Saludos,
Ivar

Anniesantiago said:

Now THAT sucks!

Wanna trade?

That is really ridiculous! I just checked their site about this: http://grupo.iberia.es/portal/site/grupoiberia and it seems, mostly, to be Spanish to Spanish airports that are being cancelled. Madrid to Barcelona and vice versa. I really hope your flight isn't cancelled. I'm flying into Biarritz on the 14th of may but getting back to Ireland the 25th of June may be a problem as I have to fly from Santiago de compostela to Barcelona then Barcelona to Dublin...eeek! May have to walk back to the start of the camino to get home!

Hope.all works out for you
Dee

Thanks Dee. Yes, we checked yesterday and it does seem that most of the flights being cancelled are within the country. I hope that holds true. Although I'm not on a strict schedule, a day either way won't matter much. But it's just a little stressful since we'll have to rent a car to the airport.

Anyway, if anyone is getting ready to book flights, you may want to be sure to travel on any day BESIDES a Monday or Friday.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back