Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Ryan Air schedules

Janeh

I am wanting to get to London from Santiago on November 2nd - or the day before if things don't suit, to connect with a flight to Australia at 22h00. I have been checking the Ryan Air site but it doesn't appear to have flights on that day (it's had the previous week listed for quite awhile now so maybe in November they don't fly?) Does anyone have any suggestions? I did find another airline but they wanted to charge me over $1000 so I didn't want to go with them! :) cheers, Jane

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
maybe in November they don't fly?

Ryan Air schedules, being a Low Cost Carrier, may only cover the next five months, so the schedules for November may not be out yet. On the other hand they may cancel non-profitable routes at short notice.

Ivar has opened a travel service in Santiago and his expertise is available for persons in need like yourself.

Missing a flight to the Antipodes can be very expensive exercise and travel insurance is highly recommended if you are using a LCC to connect to any of the major airlines. Spending an extra day or two in London is probably wise and can be enjoyable, you will land at Stansted and have to travel to Heathrow to connect flights to Auatralia. We bought the cheap discounted train tickets sold on board Ryan Air to get to Victoria, then got off to enjoy London for a few days, then to Heathrow at leisure to return home.

Joe

crackmrmac

Veteran Member
Joe has some good advice about leaving extra time, although you may not want to hang around London.
It seems November flights are not listed yet, even for busy routes eg ex Madrid, or closer to home for me Dublin/London.
Some UK based members should be more familiar with the route you have in mind, and the likehood of it operating in November.

Edit: Janeh, perhaps I mean more familiar with timetable rather than route.

Janeh

thanks for your input guys. I will have spent a good week in London in August (before doing the Coast to Coast walk and then on to the Camino) so really don't want to spend more time there - but may have to at least spend a night there by the looks of it. Was hoping to get all the travel in on one day but not to worry. thanks for your ideas though, cheers Jane

MikeB

You could try Vueling http://www.vueling.com/?language=EN who fly from La Coruna to Heathrow, and you can buy one-way tickets, but their winter schedules are not yet posted either. I think the 1000€ you were quoted must have been with an airline like Lufthansa or Air France that does not like you flying one-way.

Their price is normally a bit above that of Ryanair's , but you will save the time and cost of the Stanstead - Heathrow transfer.

Mike

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Janeh

that looks like the solution - if Ryan Air don't come on board with times that suit, looks like I can get a bus early in the morning to Coruna and then an afternoon flight to Heathrow so very convenient and at about 80euros, much cheaper than staying overnight in London + airfares etc. Thanks guys for all your help! :) Jane

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads