• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ryan ticket Santiago to stanstead available

makingtrax

Time of past OR future Camino
El norte2010
Portuguese 2014
Primativo 2016
Frances sept 2017!
Hi I bought ticket for july 3rd 10.30am flight Santiago to stanstead and changed mind and flying elsewhere. Found out for €45 there can be a name change. So if someone would like this ticket.message me and we can meet day before in Santiago and change name and ticket is yours just pay the fee. Otherwise I have to throw it away. Why let Ryan win!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi I bought ticket for july 3rd 10.30am flight Santiago to stanstead and changed mind and flying elsewhere. Found out for €45 there can be a name change. So if someone would like this ticket.message me and we can meet day before in Santiago and change name and ticket is yours just pay the fee. Otherwise I have to throw it away. Why let Ryan win!
Ryanair provide good value flights that enable uk walkers to return at a manageable price. Don’t think the abuse they get is justified and it’s not their fault you’re not using the ticket so why are they winning?

Not Ryanair but I was booked Vueling Santiago to Gatwick. I finished walking earlier than planned. On that ticket could change to a flight 2 days earlier at no extra cost.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Don’t think the abuse they get is justified
Whether it's justified or not, what goes around comes around. Ryanair has long had an adversarial relationship with its customers and the wider public. Some years ago, the company's CEO said that he would dial back his cheeky chappy persona because it had permeated into the company's culture, resulting in "unnecessary" aggravation of customers. (This begs the question about what aspects of aggravation he considers necessary). If you look at the airline's twitter feed today, it's apparent that it still enjoys poking fun at events and people in quite pointed ways, without regard to the response of people who don't share its views.

I understand why people want to punch back. What I don't understand is how one "wins" by paying the airline an additional name change fee.

Whether it's justified or not, what goes around comes around. Ryanair has long had an adversarial relationship with its customers and the wider public. Some years ago, the company's CEO said that he would dial back his cheeky chappy persona because it had permeated into the company's culture, resulting in "unnecessary" aggravation of customers. (This begs the question about what aspects of aggravation he considers necessary). If you look at the airline's twitter feed today, it's apparent that it still enjoys poking fun at events and people in quite pointed ways, without regard to the response of people who don't share its views.

I understand why people want to punch back. What I don't understand is how one "wins" by paying the airline an additional name change fee.
Ryan Air is one of the only airlines that I can think of that even offers the option to change a name on a ticket.

I offered this ticket with an open heart and without any expectations of receiving any payback for myself. I'm surprized at some reactions to my offer. For your interest this same ticket bought this morning would cost you €104.99! Go figure! Who would be winning now? obviously the person who accepts my free ticket with €45 name change not Ryan air! This is no dispersion on Ryan just a logical conclusion.
Ticket is still available if anyone wants it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I offered this ticket with an open heart and without any expectations of receiving any payback for myself. I'm surprized at some reactions to my offer. For your interest this same ticket bought this morning would cost you €104.99! Go figure! Who would be winning now? obviously the person who accepts my free ticket with €45 name change not Ryan air! This is no dispersion on Ryan just a logical conclusion.
Ticket is still available if anyone wants it.
I would just like to say: thank you for your generous, unconditional offer. I hope someone will catch the whisper of the rumour, and be able to take advantage of it! I would if it were relevant, but it is not...

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back