• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

ryanair at Stansted vs Easyjet at Gatwick

BHS

Time of past OR future Camino
plan to walk late summer/early fall 2019
Hi.... I will arrive in London Heathrow late August and spend night one night there. Which is best to use the next day to fly to Biarritz?:: Ryan air out of Stansted or EasyJet out of Gatwick? Both seem to leave roughly same time from London.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
easyJet every time, Ryanair keep changing the rules on carry on baggage. easyJet only let you carry one piece of hand baggage unless you buy a priority ticket, that means no handbag or laptop bag. There is a hack, goto the check-in desk and ask for "Hands free" for 6 GBP. they will then put your bag in the hold , give you priority boarding and let you have a handbag/laptop bag. No hassles with security either. Also your bags are unloaded first.

Absolutely - Easyjet every time if you have the choice. Stansted last year was a nightmare with queues snaking around the airport and then they charged another £100 per person to get on the next flight.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi.... I will arrive in London Heathrow late August and spend night one night there. Which is best to use the next day to fly to Biarritz?:: Ryan air out of Stansted or EasyJet out of Gatwick? Both seem to leave roughly same time from London.
Hi, Easyjet every time!! Also bear in mind how very! far Stansted is from London ( nearly in Cambridge!). Gatwick is accessible from central London, Victoria station by train, every 10 mins or so. Takes about 25 mins on a normal train, without buying the expensive exclusive 'Gatwick Express' train (at least 2x expensive! about 5 to 10 mins faster)

Wish I had known that a few weeks ago.

Thank you, thank you! EasyJet at Gatwick will be it! Many thanks for the good feedback.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I agree that easyJet is the clear winner, especially as their flight arrives at Biarritz at 15:45, in time to catch the last train to St Jean PdP.

Note that there are no flights to Biarritz between 23 - 26 August inclusive, because of the G7 summit.

If you are only spending one night in the UK, I suggest you find a hotel or B&B near Gatwick: it's not the most scenic area, but most of them will organise a transfer to the airport for you if you just want someone to lay your head for the night

Back