• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

ryanair at Stansted vs Easyjet at Gatwick

BHS

Time of past OR future Camino
plan to walk late summer/early fall 2019
Hi.... I will arrive in London Heathrow late August and spend night one night there. Which is best to use the next day to fly to Biarritz?:: Ryan air out of Stansted or EasyJet out of Gatwick? Both seem to leave roughly same time from London.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
easyJet every time, Ryanair keep changing the rules on carry on baggage. easyJet only let you carry one piece of hand baggage unless you buy a priority ticket, that means no handbag or laptop bag. There is a hack, goto the check-in desk and ask for "Hands free" for 6 GBP. they will then put your bag in the hold , give you priority boarding and let you have a handbag/laptop bag. No hassles with security either. Also your bags are unloaded first.

Absolutely - Easyjet every time if you have the choice. Stansted last year was a nightmare with queues snaking around the airport and then they charged another £100 per person to get on the next flight.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi.... I will arrive in London Heathrow late August and spend night one night there. Which is best to use the next day to fly to Biarritz?:: Ryan air out of Stansted or EasyJet out of Gatwick? Both seem to leave roughly same time from London.
Hi, Easyjet every time!! Also bear in mind how very! far Stansted is from London ( nearly in Cambridge!). Gatwick is accessible from central London, Victoria station by train, every 10 mins or so. Takes about 25 mins on a normal train, without buying the expensive exclusive 'Gatwick Express' train (at least 2x expensive! about 5 to 10 mins faster)

Wish I had known that a few weeks ago.

Thank you, thank you! EasyJet at Gatwick will be it! Many thanks for the good feedback.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I agree that easyJet is the clear winner, especially as their flight arrives at Biarritz at 15:45, in time to catch the last train to St Jean PdP.

Note that there are no flights to Biarritz between 23 - 26 August inclusive, because of the G7 summit.

If you are only spending one night in the UK, I suggest you find a hotel or B&B near Gatwick: it's not the most scenic area, but most of them will organise a transfer to the airport for you if you just want someone to lay your head for the night

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back