• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ryanair from Biarritz to Stansted (London)

Frank66

Time of past OR future Camino
May/June 2016 Camino Frances
September (2017) First stage of Camino Portugués
Hi everyone,
I'm probably going over very old ground here, but here goes. . .
I am starting my Camino on 4th May 16 and fly out from Stansted to Biarritz the day before. I am walking from SJPP to Santiago de Compestela.
I haven't booked a return flight for the obvious reason of being unsure of how long the Camino is going to take. However, I know that Ryanair are infamous for charging people punitive fees for turning up without pre-printed boarding cards linked to checking in online.
Is this going to create a problem for me?
Any advice/experiences greatly recieved.
Apologies for any duplication, but wanted some up-to-date advice rather than from forum posts from a few years ago.
Thanks in advance,

Frank

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi everyone,
I'm probably going over very old ground here, but here goes. . .
I am starting my Camino on 4th May 16 and fly out from Stansted to Biarritz the day before. I am walking from SJPP to Santiago de Compestela.
I haven't booked a return flight for the obvious reason of being unsure of how long the Camino is going to take. However, I know that Ryanair are infamous for charging people punitive fees for turning up without pre-printed boarding cards linked to checking in online.
Is this going to create a problem for me?
Any advice/experiences greatly recieved.
Apologies for any duplication, but wanted some up-to-date advice rather than from forum posts from a few years ago.
Thanks in advance,

Frank
In Santiago there is a place called Pilgrims House on
Rua Nova 19. You can get a printed boarding pass for the sum of 20 cents.

In Santiago there is a place called Pilgrims House on
Rua Nova 19. You can get a printed boarding pass for the sum of 20 cents.
Wow, fantastic news. I was a little concerned because I know of people who have had their fingers burned (financially speaking) by Ryanair's boarding pass policy.
Thanks for that :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I did the same last year and but buying a return at fairly short notice with Ryanair was pretty expensive and difficult when in Spain, printing the boarding pass however was simple enough. So this year I have bought the return at the same time it was a pretty minimal extra cost and i just thought up a best guess date. TBH I always try and avoid Ryanair because they are just not customer friendley but sometimes you just have to

If you have a smart phone get Ryanair app. Your boarding pass on phone. I used it no problems Buen camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you have a smart phone get Ryanair app. Your boarding pass on phone. I used it no problems Buen camino

That's only true if you have an Android or apple phone - if you have a windows smart phone these apps aren't available. I also found software compatibility issues with the Ryanair web site and my windows phone. Unfortunately very few internet cafes these days so depending where you are it can be a problem.

You don't even need RyanAir or any company app on your phone. The confirmation they send you via e-mail is enough. Just store that .docx or .pdf file of confirmation (after you check on-line, of course!!!) and that's it.

Ultreia!

I did the same last year and but buying a return at fairly short notice with Ryanair was pretty expensive and difficult when in Spain, printing the boarding pass however was simple enough. So this year I have bought the return at the same time it was a pretty minimal extra cost and i just thought up a best guess date. TBH I always try and avoid Ryanair because they are just not customer friendley but sometimes you just have to
I share your feelings about Ryanair . . . definitely an acquired taste (not that I've ever acquired it!). Thanks for the advice.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I walked the Camino Frances last year without a smartphone (Gosh). Some of the albergues and hotels have computers and printers you can use. Have some euros handy, you put coins in a slot to make them work.

The computers are not up to date, they're left over from before most people got smartphones, so they may struggle with some sites, like Gmail, but usually they do the job.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back