• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

ryanair in relation to national express

trinencadian

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2013
Hello!

Has anyone taken the Ryanair flight from Santiago to London Stanstead? I’ll need to take a National Express bus to Victoria on my projected finish date of Friday, May 31. I was just wondering how reliable Ryanair is in terms of landing when they say they will land – the bus tickets are cheap right now (who knows what they’ll be the day of) so if I could buy my bus ticket for about 1.5hours after I land, that would be lovely.

6 more weeks :shock:
T

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi! I've caught that flight a few times and it's fairly reliable in my experience. Of course things can go wrong. If you can allow for an hour or so delay that would usually be enough. There are cafes and restaurants in Stansted where you can use any extra time. Buen Camino!

Hi T
relax-Ryan-air has the best record on times.
when you board in Santiago air staff try selling you bus tickets to London for when you land £9/£10.
lots of buses at the airport £12 ish.
also Stansted has a railway station-cuts the journey time to London by half £12/15,hanging round the airport can get expensive at £3 for a coffee!!
Have a great (relaxed) Camino

Ian

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks, guys!

LOL, yes, I’m trying to relax as you suggest. My problem is that I’m pretty much done planning the important things 6 weeks in advance and so now my brain has started focusing on any little thing that can be planned! But I am trying not to straightjacket myself by planning every single minute detail! :oops:

T

sagalouts said:
...hanging round the airport can get expensive at £3 for a coffee!!
Have a great (relaxed) Camino
Yes, and it gets worse if you order a beer. Still, at least you're there and comfortable. :roll: Buen Camino!

Have flown Ryanair to/from various airports in uk to/from various ones in spain over last few years including Stanstead/Santiago return. All were on time (actually most were slightly early). Really not worth tying yourself down by buying advance bus ticket and giving yourself unneeded stress in my opinion.
allan

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back