• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ryanair, Paris - Porto... is this a new route?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Peters post regarding the new route from Liverpool to Porto made me go on the RyanAir site and have a look for other new routes.

I found that RyanAir is also flying from Paris to Porto now, anyone know if this is also a new route? I did try to look in the "Latest News" section of the site, but did not find anything on this...

...anyway, good news for French pilgrims wanting to walk el Camino Portuguese :D

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
yes, it's a new flight, though I couldn't find any mention of it on Ryanair's news pages either. There's coverage in today's Voz de Galicia http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/inicio/not ... 0000082349
who are wringing their hands that Porto airport is increasing business at the expense of Vigo. Not really surprising IMO, as Porto is 6-7 times larger than Vigo.

Beware, though, that what Ryanair calls Paris is actually Beauvais (misspelt on VdG's page), some 70km NW of Paris. At least Beauvais is a proper city with a cathedral (well, half a cathedral, as it was never completed), unlike what they call Frankfurt, actually Hahn, a field miles from anywhere.

Ryanair wants to block Air France development in the northwest of the Penninsula. Now Porto, and with an eye on Vigo where AF also operates. Lets remind that it takes only one hour to go from Vigo to Porto Airport at lower prices, since AF operates in regional airline basis (high fares).

I wouldnŽt phase out that the next Ryanair stage would be a Santiago-Paris to close Air France market in Vigo. Eventually they would have to quit, for not being able to compete. Also letŽs remind that Ryanair has to announce in the near future new routes for Santiago, and Iberia has cancelled his connection to Paris some weeks ago. So, Paris Beauvais could be the next destination also from here.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back