• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ryanair Seating

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
Ryanair have just announced that all seating will be allocated from February 1st in response to passenger feedback about the somewhat frantic rush for seats. From December 1st a second small ladies handbag/small airport shopping bag will also be allowed. As people are also concerned about finding overhead locker space as well I don't see it making much difference though. The charge for issuing a replacement boarding pass will also reduce from £70 to £15 from December 1st. Additionally from January 5th the charge for checking in a bag at the airport (where it was not originally booked and paid for) will go from £60 to £30 per bag. Just to add I am only posting this for information purposes, I have no connection with the airline at all. In fact I like to fly with anyone else as a preference but the availability of flights to where I want to go from the UK often leaves me no choice.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Actually it was on a web site called "Typically Spanish" that has a summary of current Spanish news for the English speaking community in Spain. I have enough trouble resisting without encouragement to give in mate! :rolleyes:

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A lovely Irish lady in the Pilgrim Office in June said to me she wouldn't hear a bad word against Ryan Air as they had made her pilgrimage possible. I'm the first to grump and groan about the indignities and seemingly endless charges of the budget airlines, but I also remember the bad old days paying over £200 twenty years ago to fly from Edinburgh to London on BA. Suddenly I'm a big fan of budget air again !

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A lovely Irish lady in the Pilgrim Office in June said to me she wouldn't hear a bad word against Ryan Air as they had made her pilgrimage possible. I'm the first to grump and groan about the indignities and seemingly endless charges of the budget airlines, but I also remember the bad old days paying over £200 twenty years ago to fly from Edinburgh to London on BA. Suddenly I'm a big fan of budget air again !

Book last minute with any of the budget airlines and you'll wince at the price. Not to mention if you don't print your boarding pass with Ryanair it's a £70. Yes I know you should but for people traveling it isn't always possible. That £200 you paid almost certainly included checked baggage and other things the budget airlines charge extra for.

The budgets can be great if you can book in advance and work around the rules. If you can't they can end up no cheaper then the others.

Book last minute with any of the budget airlines and you'll wince at the price. Not to mention if you don't print your boarding pass with Ryanair it's a £70. Yes I know you should but for people traveling it isn't always possible. That £200 you paid almost certainly included checked baggage and other things the budget airlines charge extra for.
The budgets can be great if you can book in advance and work around the rules. If you can't they can end up no cheaper then the others.
NicoZ, you're quite right, it included boarding pass, drinks, a meal of some sort. Having said which, it was over twenty years ago, and whichever way you look at it the budget airlines starting in the USA and thank goodness in the UK have opened the world up at prices we previously wouldn't have dreamed of. It's a demand driven model that delivers fantastic value if, as you say, you can plan ahead. They have also forced the other carriers to be more competitive. Happy flying !

just been to valencia flight ryan air to no probs follow the rules people do mad things hand luggage to big plus .plus

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Before many of you were born, in the 70's when there were no lcc airlines like ryanair, easyjet, etc, i remember paying almost £300 to fly from london to dublin. And to think it cost so little to fly now, you will be very appreciative and thankful for the like of ryanair. This is due to the open sky policy in europe. And if you follow the rules and regulations of the lcc, you should not have any problems. You get what you pay for. Ryanair is not my favourite airline but it gets me from a to b.

If you have lived in the us you will find out how expensive it is even to fly a short distance.

Ryanair have just announced that all seating will be allocated from February 1st in response to passenger feedback about the somewhat frantic rush for seats. From December 1st a second small ladies handbag/small airport shopping bag will also be allowed. As people are also concerned about finding overhead locker space as well I don't see it making much difference though. The charge for issuing a replacement boarding pass will also reduce from £70 to £15 from December 1st. Additionally from January 5th the charge for checking in a bag at the airport (where it was not originally booked and paid for) will go from £60 to £30 per bag. Just to add I am only posting this for information purposes, I have no connection with the airline at all. In fact I like to fly with anyone else as a preference but the availability of flights to where I want to go from the UK often leaves me no choice.

Al,

You are not joking, are you? This is a miracle with ryanair. God must have spoken to michael o'leary, and like the godfather, made him an offer he couldn't refused.

No I am not joking. Ryanair have been having a lot of legal battles in the Spanish courts. (Actually they have said that they are not accepting all the rulings).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Al,

You are not joking, are you? This is a miracle with ryanair. God must have spoken to michael o'leary, and like the godfather, made him an offer he couldn't refused.
Now that's funny!!!

Tell me about it. When I did the Frances I had four Ryanair flights to get to and from Spain. Never read the very small small print, didnt print the boarding cards. 120 euros in fines on the outward leg plus frantically tearing round Barcelona Airport to find the business centre (in the other terminal 4km away) to print the return legs.

Easyjet lets you store boarding cards on your phone, far more civilised and assigned seats too.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back