• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ryanair to end some flights between London and Santiago in January 2020

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
A Spanish news website has announced that from January Ryanair will no longer operate flights between London, Milan, Tenerife and Santiago

Update: the article has now been altered to state that some of the London flights have been withdrawn leaving a less frequent service. I have edited the thread title accordingly.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Noooo... how will I get home?! Porto, I guess.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A few alternatives. Fly with another airline from SCQ. Or fly via Madrid. Or from Vigo instead. Or my personal favourite: fly from A Coruna with Vueling and arrive at Heathrow rather than Stansted.
I agree A Coruña is a great option.ive done it twice now.Vuelling flight was half full each time.

Update: the news article has been amended. It now states that some of the London flights have been withdrawn leaving a less frequent service.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Having done it once on my first Camino, I would prefer getting a root canal to flying on Ryanair through Stansted. Stansted is like a Walmart with airplanes.

Oh come on!

You flew Ryanair and still claim to have standards?

(At this point I would insert one of those smily/winky face things if I had the slightest idea how to do.)

Having done it once on my first Camino, I would prefer getting a root canal to flying on Ryanair through Stansted. Stansted is like a Walmart with airplanes.
Whilst I was apprehensive about flying with Ryanair I must admit that they were excellent i.e. they left on time and got me to Biarritz and back from Santiago on time and cheaply. After walking for 34 days all I wanted was an efficient way to get me home and Ryanair did that and therefore exceeded my expectations. If you think that Stansted Airport is bad, although it was efficient when I travelled, you should try Leeds/Bradford Airport!

Update: the article has now been altered to state that some of the London flights have been withdrawn leaving a less frequent service. I have edited the thread title accordingly.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, I believe the article says that Ryanair is canceling only an additional flight to London-Stansted that has not yet gone into service: "por...renunciar **a una extra [ruta] que tenía prevista*** con Londres-Stansted" "by not going through with an additional [route] that it had planned with London-Stansted."

Because only a planned flight has been canceled, it seems that there will be no change to the present schedule of flights between Santiago and London.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I can recommend my dentist. She is so good I nearly fall asleep. Better than any flight, actually...

In defence of Ryanair, they have a shortage of planes because of the Boing 737Max problems.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back