• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

RyanAir to Santiago, Part 2

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if you have seen the front page today, but it seems like RyanAir has decided that Santiago is a place they would like to fly to anyway.

It seemed like it was all over a few months ago when they selected Porto over Santiago.

Everything is not sealed yet, but with a leak to the press the local politicians in Santiago will give them a boost in the local popularity polls. Let's cross our fingers.

I personally think that this will take Santiago de Compostela to the next level with regards to tourism, for the good and bad. Until now, a big share of the tourists that have visited the town have carried a backpack and a stick. With RyanAir this might change, and that is a pity. On the other hand with RyanAir a lot more people will be able to visit this beautiful town.

Let’s hope that the source that El Correo Gallego is using for this story is reliable and that RyanAir announces this new route(s) soon.

Greetings from a rather chilly Santiago (0c this morning, about 14c mid day)

Ivar

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ryanair from Santiago

!!GOOD NEWS, LETS HOPE IT HAPPENS!!

I paid 40 euros (28 pounds sterling) to fly with Ryanair to Pau to start my pilgrimage (at St Jean) and amazingly 250 euros (175 pounds sterling) to fly home from Santiago with the national airline.

I was planning to fly into Porto (Ryanair) in the Spring to walk the 'Camino Portugese' and wondering if I could catch a bus back to Porto afterwards. Now, hopefully, the problem is solved, I can fly back, inexpensively, from Santiago.

Ivar please keep us pilgrims in touch with developments to this story.

Whilst discussing pilgrimage plans could anyone inform me, 'is there a bus/coach/train from Santiago to Ferrol'? I ask because I am also thinking of trying the pilgrim route known as the Camino Ingles which starts at Ferrol.

Thanks! Keep up the good work Ivar. PILGRIM

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.