Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.

Ryanair travel insurance

jony jony

Past OR future Camino
Frances ( 2007) Via de la Plata 2016/2017 . Sept 2018...Via de la Plata...May2019 via de la plata
Please check your travel insurance carefully .

On 6th August 2018 i booked my flight to Seville to start the VdLP ,so whilst on the Ryanair website i also took out their travel insurance without knowing my return date until i verified a couple of things . On 20th August i booked a return flight from Santiago ( well i am nothing if not confident ;) ).

Upon reading the terms and conditions of the insurance documents ,i find that as i booked the two flight separately then i am only insured for ONE day , that is the day of the outward flight even though in the policy would suggest that i am insured from the day i leave until the day i get home .

Just be careful if you are buying this insurance and if you book your flights separately .

P S . i am not sure if you can even book a return flight from a different airport at the time you book your outward flight .

Regards ..... John

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Please check your travel insurance carefully .

On 6th August 2018 i booked my flight to Seville to start the VdLP ,so whilst on the Ryanair website i also took out their travel insurance without knowing my return date until i verified a couple of things . On 20th August i booked a return flight from Santiago ( well i am nothing if not confident ;) ).

Upon reading the terms and conditions of the insurance documents ,i find that as i booked the two flight separately then i am only insured for ONE day , that is the day of the outward flight even though in the policy would suggest that i am insured from the day i leave until the day i get home .

Just be careful if you are buying this insurance and if you book your flights separately .

P S . i am not sure if you can even book a return flight from a different airport at the time you book your outward flight .

Regards ..... John
You are correct that you should always read all the terms and conditions when purchasing travel insurance. Or anything else for that matter! I usually purchase insurance separately - not what is offered by the airline. I'm in the US, and I use insuremytrip.com to compare and purchase my policy.

Iriebabel

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
I’m in the US also and I use https://www.squaremouth.com/. To compare policy and prices. I never purchase insurance thru the airlines and I usually read the exclusions first before reading the inclusions because I have medical needs and need to make sure I have proper coverage for medical as well as travel related issues

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads