Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Safe parking in St. Jean pied de port?

Stumpen

Year of past OR future Camino
june 2016
Hi. I am seeking information about parking in st. jean pied de port, while I am walking to Pamplona. Can any one tell me if it is safe to leave the car for some days? where to park ik? a good camp site maybe? How much it would cost?

Best wishes Mia :)

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
I wouldn't park in StJdP at present. One of the 900 Pilgrims held there may use it in an escape attempt. However, should you decide that you want to take the risk this link http://www.espritduchemin.org/en/node/141 may assist.
Tincatinker, hilarious! Great tie in to a current thread.
Stumpen, there are several 2 and 3 star hotel in SJPdP, I would start by asking them about car storage. Most of the parking in town is in open lots, some spaces are metered. I don't remember ever seeing a private lot there. The Pilgrim Office might also have answers because many of the volunteers who come to work there probably drove there and have long term parking needs.

Stumpen

june 2016
Thanks for your answers :D If anyone els has experience in parking their car there, I would love to hear! :)

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads