• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Safety around Esposende

Kamwithapan

Time of past OR future Camino
30th September 2022
Today I was walking along the seafront of Esposonde solo and an older man in a white van started driving slowly along the pavement next to me. When I noticed him he drove off and turned around and drove the opposite way slowly. He then turned round and followed again. When I noticed that time and shouted at him he finally drove off. It shook me a bit and I found a group to complete my day with.
Be careful out there folks

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Today I was walking along the seafront of Esposonde solo and an older man in a white van started driving slowly along the pavement next to me. When I noticed him he drove off and turned around and drove the opposite way slowly. He then turned round and followed again. When I noticed that time and shouted at him he finally drove off. It shook me a bit and I found a group to complete my day with.
Be careful out there folks
Download CopAlert on your phone.

Not a nice encounter. But was it so deserted that you felt unsafe?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Would taking a photo be recommended ... and take that to the police?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
One can have an unsafe feeling with or without being in a deserted area.
Like I said in many other threads : if you believe it does not feel right, then it is not right. So always good to follow your gut feeling.
I feel that the way you formulate your opinion in this too absolute ( seen on a broader level). I agree with the last sentence. It is good to act on your gut feeling if your (re)actions effect only yourself. In society these days too many people react based on gut feelings and not on the facts. It simply is not true that what you feel not to be right IS by definition not true

Photo or video would be so helpful. I've taken several reports at my job about vehicles and all they can remember is the state the plate was from and a general description. Not very helpful. What info is invaluable is what sets this white van apart from all the others? Was it missing it's driver side rear hubcap, or was there a dent in the quarter panel, or maybe the windshield had a crack. Put if you had a photo or video then you don't really have to remember all that.

I feel that the way you formulate your opinion in this too absolute ( seen on a broader level). I agree with the last sentence. It is good to act on your gut feeling if your (re)actions effect only yourself. In society these days too many people react based on gut feelings and not on the facts. It simply is not true that what you feel not to be right IS by definition not true

I will not start a discussion but unfortunately like so many females in society I was the subject of sexual harassment in different forms. And yes, my gut feeling got me out of lots of creepy situations.

And rest assured that I am a person who loves " facts " too.

We women ( and of course also men or X can be victims of predators ) are not hysterical or manhaters when we follow our gut feeling.
Please let us not downplay this theme!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back