• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sahagun to Santiago

Anyone know if it is possable to get from Sahagun to Santiago in 10 days.Hoping to start on the 11 of April 2011. Any tips would be appreciated .
Jerry.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
That's about 380km in 10 days! Clearly not impossible, but you might be better finding an ultra-marathon site to see what would be required to achieve that.
:eek: Doug

Hi Jerry -
Yes, that is pretty ambitious - Sahagun to Santiago is for most people 14 days. Why not just take 4 days off the beginning or middle by taking a bus? Actually if you start in Astorga you will have an extra day to experience Santiago!

Good luck with your planning..and Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
lynnejohn said:
Hi Jerry -
Yes, that is pretty ambitious - Sahagun to Santiago is for most people 14 days. Why not just take 4 days off the beginning or middle by taking a bus? Actually if you start in Astorga you will have an extra day to experience Santiago!

Good luck with your planning..and Buen Camino!
Hi John-Thanks for your reply but I haved walked from SJPP to sahagun last year and really the bus is not an option as I hope to complete my camino this time,I guess I will just give it a go and hope for the best many thanks
Jerry

Jerry -
OK, I didn't understand that you are continuing a camino previously walked. That's different. Well then, you're right - just walk from Sahagun and see - since it's roughly 370 km you'd have to walk ~37 km per day. Of course it has been done, so it is possible. Failing that, you will have to come back for a third go.
Best of luck!

Hi Jerry,

I did that distance last July in 8 days as you can see below. 10 days is therefore within reach. Second time around I would not do the Sahagún - León in one day specially since the walk into León is my least favorite part of the Camino Francés. Day 19 from Os Chacotes to Pedrouzo was also tough but had to move on as there were no accomodations available.

Day 12:Sahagún-León 51
Day 13:León-Hospital de Orbigo 36,4
Day 14:Hospital-Foncebadón 42
Day 15:Foncebadón-Cacabelos 42,9
Day 16:Cacabelos-O Cebreiro 37,7
Day 17:O Cebreiro-Sarria 44,9
Day 18:Sarria-Os Chacotes 45,1
Day 19:Os Chacotes-Arca/Pedrouzo 48,5
Day 20:pedrouzo-Santiago 20,3

Go for it I would say.

Cheers,
LT

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hola, It is possible with total walking especially on the Camino.
Consider.... Can you leave time for late deapartures in the morning; the cafe con leche that takes 15 mins in local bar; the dialogue if it arises with locals; the menu del dia with vino tinto in the early evening and perhaps a few words with someone to alert you....
Be careful about going with a definite plan / shopping list.
You have your own plan which in turn will be your own Camino.

Buen Camino.

Hi
I met an english couple in sarria who because of work commitments had to break their walk into 3 parts over 3 years. I dont know if this appeals to you, you are just over half way, you could walk to sarria(about 250km) that would leave you with 115 to SDC. If you had 10 days again, that would be easily walkable, you would also have time in Santiago, and a possible visit by bus to fisterra, thats if you have the time again. If not, good luck and make sure you have done the necessary training so you can 'hit the ground running'. Weight on your back and feet will be really important to you, be strict with yourself about what you take.

Mike

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back