• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Saint Days, celebration days in towns

camster

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2023
There was a thread started by @dougfitz regarding market days on the camino and I was wondering if we could have a thread with the different days that towns celebrate patron saints or other figures, unless there already exists one.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Pamplona:
  • S. Fermín: July 6th till July 14th
  • S. Saturnino: November 29th
Puente la Reina:
Estella:
  • Virgen del Puy: May 25th
  • St. Andrew: Nov 30th
  • However, the main fiestas last a week and start the Friday before the first August Sunday.
Viana:
Logroño:
  • St. Matthew: the week of September 21st
  • S. Bernabé: June 11th
Navarrete:
  • The Assumption of Our Lady (Aug. 15th) and S. Roque (Aug. 16th). The fiestas last from Aug. 14th to Aug. 19th.
Nájera:
  • S. Prudencio April 28th (and surrounding days).
  • St. John and St. Peter June 24th to June 29th
  • St. John martyr (Sep. 16th) and Santa María la Real (Sep. 17th). The fiestas include some acts on surrounding days.
Santo Domingo de la Calzada:
  • See post above by falcon269
Belorado:
  • S. Vitores: Aug 26th (and surrounding days; mainly the eve).
  • Fiestas de Gracias: First Sunday of September. For more info: www.belorado.es/fiestas
  • The Marzas: the midnight february 28th (or 29th in leap years)/March 1st. Traditional songs to celebrate the arrival of March (just at midnight when March starts).
Burgos:
  • St. Peter and St. Paul (several days around June 29th) is the main one but there are some others. Take a look at: www.aytoburgos.es/cultura/fiestas (use the menu on the right side) for more info.
Castrojeriz:
  • St John: a week around June 24th.
Frómista:
  • S. Telmo is celebrated the next Monday to Easter Monday (i.e.: 7 days after Easter Monday).
Carrión de los Condes:
Sahagún:
Mansilla de las Mulas:
  • Virgen de Gracia: in September.
León:
  • St. John (June 24th) and St. Peter (June 29th) and days in between.
  • S. Froilán from Oct. 5th to Oct. 12th.
Astorga:
  • St. Martha: last week of August
Ponferrada:
  • Virgen de la Encina (Sept. 8th). The fiestas last 10 days around that date.
Sarria:
  • St John: June 24th, the night before and some surrounding days.
The list is far from complete but could serve as a starting point.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Pamplona:
  • S. Fermín: July 6th till July 14th
  • S. Saturnino: November 29th
Puente la Reina:
Estella:
  • Virgen del Puy: May 25th
  • St. Andrew: Nov 30th
  • However, the main fiestas last a week and start the Friday before the first August Sunday.
Viana:
Logroño:
  • St. Matthew: the week of September 21st
  • S. Bernabé: June 11th
Navarrete:
  • The Assumption of Our Lady (Aug. 15th) and S. Roque (Aug. 16th). The fiestas last from Aug. 14th to Aug. 19th.
Nájera:
  • S. Prudencio April 28th (and surrounding days).
  • St. John and St. Peter June 24th to June 29th
  • St. John martyr (Sep. 16th) and Santa María la Real (Sep. 17th). The fiestas include some acts on surrounding days.
Santo Domingo de la Calzada:
  • See post above by falcon269
Belorado:
  • S. Vitores: Aug 26th (and surrounding days; mainly the eve).
  • Fiestas de Gracias: First Sunday of September. For more info: www.belorado.es/fiestas
  • The Marzas: the midnight february 28th (or 29th in leap years)/March 1st. Traditional songs to celebrate the arrival of March (just at midnight when March starts).
Burgos:
  • St. Peter and St. Paul (several days around June 29th) is the main one but there are some others. Take a look at: www.aytoburgos.es/cultura/fiestas (use the menu on the right side) for more info.
Castrojeriz:
  • St John: a week around June 24th.
Frómista:
  • S. Telmo is celebrated the next Monday to Easter Monday (i.e.: 7 days after Easter Monday).
Carrión de los Condes:
Sahagún:
Mansilla de las Mulas:
  • Virgen de Gracia: in September.
León:
  • St. John (June 24th) and St. Peter (June 29th) and days in between.
  • S. Froilán from Oct. 5th to Oct. 12th.
Astorga:
  • St. Martha: last week of August
Ponferrada:
  • Virgen de la Encina (Sept. 8th). The fiestas last 10 days around that date.
Sarria:
  • St John: June 24th, the night before and some surrounding days.
The list is far from complete but could serve as a starting point.
Gracias

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back