Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Saint Jean to Leon in 14 days

ocomaingf

Hello, I've done the Camino previously however I was just wondering do people think it would be possible to do Saint Jean to Leon in 14 days ????
Gracias !

A thought-provoking Camino memoir. This day-by-day account will inspire you.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
That would be really pushing it. :eek:

It took us twenty days in May 2008. You could go faster, but I would keep a plan to take a bus part of the way should a leg give out or something.

Good Luck.

markss

Past OR future Camino
Frances from SJPP (3/10 & 10/10); Primitivo (6/12)
Beginning in early March 2010 it took me 13 days to get from St. Jean to Leon and another 10 days to Santiago. In certain areas I encountered snowstorms, heavy rains and very muddy conditions. I am 53 years old and in good physical condition. So it is certainly possible. As for feeling rushed, that was not the case. Enjoyed walking a solid 8 hours a day at a good steady pace.

LTfit

Veteran Member
Dear Markss,

Would love to hear more about your experience: what type of distances you walked daily and where you stayed. I will be starting off on July 2nd in SJPP and will be walking for 19-20 days. Initially thought that I would make it to Leon but calculating >25 km/day (if all goes well) should make it farther.

Want to stay "off sync" with the standard daily route as described in guides so any info you can supply would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
LT

danny

markss said:
Beginning in early March 2010 it took me 13 days to get from St. Jean to Leon and another 10 days to Santiago. In certain areas I encountered snowstorms, heavy rains and very muddy conditions. I am 53 years old and in good physical condition. So it is certainly possible. As for feeling rushed, that was not the case. Enjoyed walking a solid 8 hours a day at a good steady pace.

Beginning 1 march in sjpdp en gooing 16 days to Leon and 10 days to Santiago. First 3 days gooing verry slow another days gooing 30 a 40km a day. walking 8 a 11 hours a day.
grtz Danny

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads