Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

saint palais

A

Anonymous

Hi,

2 years ago I walked from Begium via Reims, Vézelay, le Puy en Velay, SJPP to Santiago(-+2500 km in 81 days). The journey from Saint-Palais to SJPP was one of the most beautifull etappes: you see the mountains, the lovely basque villages.....
So If I may give and advice, start in Saint-Palais and walk tov SJPP.

Greetings

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
The Way: Through a Field of Stars (audiobook)
A great book to listen to while training for the Camino or to relive the experience!

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
I agree with you Taillie - that area of southern France is unique in that it is Basque country but still French.
There is a bull ring outside Rion des Landes, you can visit the little house that St Vincent de Paul was born in outside Dax,(and take a one day side trip to Lourdes from there) and, one of the best pilgrim museums is in Saint Palais - the life work of a retired doctor.
Well worth starting a bit further back than St Jean Pied de Port.

I tried to add a photograph but got a message that the Board's attachment quota has been reached.

Most read last week in this forum

Does anybody know the phone number for the Pilgrim shop in Tricastella in Spain? I was charged twice for the same item. I bought a pair of shoes which cost 29.99. I was asked to tap my card twice...
Friends, My family of four has made it to Palas de Rei today and coming into town my wife slipped and sprained her ankle. She’s unable to finish. We’re considering sending our 17 and 16 year old...
I’m starting from SJPP on August 31st. My plan is to take it nice and slow for the first few days. I’ll be stopping at Albergue Borda on the 31st and then Roncesvalles on the 1st. I’d like to stop...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon