• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Salamanca to Santiago Feb 2017?

AML

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
Im considering walking from Salamanca to Santiago beginning early February. It will be my first camino during winter period. Will there be sufficient albergues open on this route during February or where can I obtain a list of the albergues?
Not sure yet to go via Astorga or Camino Sanabres. Not even sure whether I go on the VDLP or just begin at Burgos. Either way Im planning to go in February.;)
Any advice, info appreciated
Cheers
Aidan

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Im considering walking from Salamanca to Santiago beginning early February. It will be my first camino during winter period. Will there be sufficient albergues open on this route during February or where can I obtain a list of the albergues?
Not sure yet to go via Astorga or Camino Sanabres. Not even sure whether I go on the VDLP or just begin at Burgos. Either way Im planning to go in February.;)
Cheers
Aidan
Hi Aidan, we are doing the route in May/June and have bought the most fantastic book from Amazon. The gentleman walked the route in February this year so all the info is new and up to date. The confraternity in London is also publishing a new
book in January and it might be in time for your trip in February. Contact them on their website CSJ.uk for info. Enjoy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Aidan, we are doing the route in May/June and have bought the most fantastic book from Amazon. The gentleman walked the route in February this year so all the info is new and up to date. The confraternity in London is also publishing a new
book in January and it might be in time for your trip in February. Contact them on their website CSJ.uk for info. Enjoy

Hi,
thank you for the info, can you please share the title of you book which you got from amazon? Will also check CSJ.....cheers

Cheers
Aidan
Aidan. Did you actually do this walk in winter? Would be interested in your experience... Jude

Aidan. Did you actually do this walk in winter? Would be interested in your experience... Jude
Hi Jude,
I did Burgos to Santiago at that time and not VDLP. I'm going to walk Salamanca - Santiago this October.
I think SYates has a good blog on VDLP in winter, maybe there are others also.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks Aidan. Will look at Syates blog again!

Cheers
Aidan

Hi AML
Will look forward to hearing how this October Camino goes re accommodation especially. We are thinking about Feb 2018.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back