• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

For Sale/Wanted Sale at REI

• Thread starter Deleted member 67185
  • Start date
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
For those looking for gear and clothing, and who can access REI online, there are some good deals on stuff.

Great news, Dave! Thanks for always watching out for the rest of us forum members with good advice and helpful tips...like this one!
"You're one of the very best", and I say that sincerely!

Hey Dave - was just on their site. Will they ship to Australia?? I would expect so, I just have to cover the extra shipping costs!! Cheers

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hey Dave - was just on their site. Will they ship to Australia?? I would expect so, I just have to cover the extra shipping costs!! Cheers

A bit of bad news, Mike. . . sorry, Mate.

Due to Australian tax law, REI will no longer provide direct-to-consumer shipping to Australia as of July 23, 2018. We will continue to evaluate the tax laws and how we do business in Australia and hope to be able to resume shipping to Australian addresses in the future.

A bit of bad news, Mike. . . sorry, Mate.

Due to Australian tax law, REI will no longer provide direct-to-consumer shipping to Australia as of July 23, 2018. We will continue to evaluate the tax laws and how we do business in Australia and hope to be able to resume shipping to Australian addresses in the future.

Don’t feel too bad @Saint Mike II
It can make you feel better if you convert those US$ on the sales to AUD$ and realise nothing is really cheap; especially if you had to add shipping as well.

Good value if you’re in USA though !!

Thanks for sharing Dave

Annie

Annie

Last edited:
@OzAnnie ; @davebugg
Thanks both of you. I thought that was the case - I think it was reported here. Anyway I think I have found a similar product via Amazon for about the same price. Cheers

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
For those looking for gear and clothing, and who can access REI online, there are some good deals on stuff.

I bought this coat for my Camino in November. It was super light and as I mentioned in your other post today about winter clothes. I was never cold. My only issue when I first got it was that it didn't have a string to keep the hood tied a little tight around your head. But when I walked it never was a problem. In fact when I was wearing the hood with my beanie I was warm and I think it prevented my head from sweating too much.
REI Co-op 650 Down Hoodie 2.0 - Men's

Great news, Dave! Thanks for always watching out for the rest of us forum members with good advice and helpful tips...like this one!
"You're one of the very best", and I say that sincerely!

Can you please recommend a good backpack to use on the Camino? Thank you in advance!! :)

Can you please recommend a good backpack to use on the Camino? Thank you in advance!! :)
There are many good backpacks that are suitable for the Camino. The main thing you need to be concerned with is how a particular backpack fits you and is comfortable with the load you will carry and the clothes you will wear, for many hours of walking day after day.

I think it is commonly accepted that:
  • Packs with size from 30 L to 50 L are typically used, with the proviso that you shouldn't carry more weight just because your backpack can hold it.
  • You should have both sternum (chest) strap and hip belt
  • The back length is the most important measurement, so that the weight can properly transfer to the hips and legs
Virtually all else (top loading vs. panel, pockets, etc.) is personal preference.

Go to a store that has a few choices. Get an assistant who seems experienced and can help you make adjustments to the fitting. Many packs have adjustable back lengths, and it is tricky to get all the straps properly adjusted and synchronized to be effective. Load the pack with about 8-10 kg and go for a long walk - probably you'll notice any problems within 5 km or so.

There are many threads on the forum that discuss backpack preferences and recommendations. Here are a couple to get you started - this one and another one. The theory might be of interest to you, or hopefully, you will have a person in the store who can help with the measurements and adjustments. But remember - it is only the comfort for you that matters, so don't let anyone tell you a backpack is right or wrong for you if your personal experience with that pack is different. Listen to their advice and cautions, but assess the comfort yourself.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Well, I'm not the best one to help you out. I used an Osprey Atmos 20L which was a bit too small. I now have an Osprey ladies' Sirrus 36L and it's worked well for the last three years. I like the trampoline backs for venting.
You will receive many good suggestions to get you started.

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.