• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Salvador/Primitivo in June... Will I be alone?

Chomps

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2024
If I leave Leon alone toward Oviedo in June, will I see many others? I don't really want to go alone but not really any alternative; no one to go with.

I wonder if many people do the Salvador route after The Meseta.

I have other questions regarding this route that I will post separately.

Any insight is appreciated.
Thank you

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I reached León by the end of April, I plan to walk on the Salvador/Primitivo by August.

I am walking the Francés now and I plan to walk the San Salvador/Primitivo beginning around June 10
In early June 2023, I saw about a dozen pilgrims over a 6 day stretch on San Salvador including a couple of pilgrims heading south. And a good number on Primitivo.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
In early June 2023, I saw about a dozen pilgrims over a 6 day stretch on San Salvador including a couple of pilgrims heading south. And a good number on Primitivo.
I think that’s about typical. When one looks to the albergues on the Salvador, capacity seems to be about 20 at most. When I was on it, at the tail end of the season last year I think there were about a dozen of us. There were a few who blew through very fast to be seen on only one night, doing the 4-day itinerary, and there were others who managed to take the 6-day pace whom we saw also only once… my “dozen count” includes them.

If I leave Leon alone toward Oviedo in June, will I see many others? I don't really want to go alone but not really any alternative; no one to go with.

Thank you
I'll be starting the San Salvador in late June.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'll be on it late September and expect virtually no one to be on it at that point. In the summer months, I would expect to find someone walking the lesser routes. But off season, it's unlikely. So I wouldn't worry about that. Also people are kinda friendly in Spain.

As to how long it takes you, I think 4 days is possible if you start the Leon to La Robla stage day one and aim for Cabanillas. Then do Cabanillas to Buiza on the next day. On Gronze, stages 3, 4 and 5 are all rated 4-5 star, presumably because you are crossing the Picos at that point. My own plan is maybe to do stage 3 and go as far as Benduenos on the same day if I can, then try and hit Oviedo the next day, but will probably stop at Mieres and that would allow me to hit Escamplero the next day. But I know my limits and plans change. I personally dislike cities and staying in cities is generally more costly than staying outside of them. I have also been to both Leon and Oviedo several times in the past, so I will probably swing by each Cathedral and get a stamp, then hit the Camino route. In Leon I may not even do that. The Cathedral area is too busy. :p

YMMV. :)

Thank you
I've done both Salvador and primitive back to back about 6years ago nothing like Frances etc but don't think you'll be on your own without a dought best 2 caminos for remoteness and beauty although pretty tough routs

We finished the Salvador about a week ago, in mid May. During the 5 days we saw a total of 2 Spaniards and 2 Fins on the Salvador. In many of the towns we passed thru, we never saw any townspeople. It's quiet, beautiful, tough and an offering of solitude.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Thank you
I've done both Salvador and primitive back to back about 6years ago nothing like Frances etc but don't think you'll be on your own without a dought best 2 caminos for remoteness and beauty although pretty tough rout

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Thank you
Hard to say. I just finished it on June 12 and saw a total of 4 other pilgrims in the 6 days I walked it. I'm sure there were more than than that, but just didn't 'run' into them.

Most read last week in this forum

Is there WiFi connectivity between Cabanillas, Buiza, Poladura and Benduenos?
Buen Camino pilgrims! I plan to walk the Del Salvador this summer, followed by the Primitivo, followed by the Portuguese (from Coimbra). What a summer I will have :) I am posting my current...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back