• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Salvador to Del Norte to Ruta do Mar July 2018

Ekelund

Time of past OR future Camino
“It’s your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” Rumi
My back is packed and I'm already for Friday morning when I start walking the Salvador from Leon. My plan is to walk the Salvador to Ovido, continue to Aviles on Del Norte and then to Ribadeo and from there walk the Ruta do Mar to Ferrol. I have read Magwoods blog and posts form Dave, Tia Valeria, Peregrina 2000 and Allan Sykes, but I'm not so confident that I can find my way without the yellow arrows. It will be quiet a challenge for me! There is a GR route, but it is only halfway so a bus to Ferrol will be an option if I can't find my way. I don't know how to attach GPS files to my phone and I do not really want to walk about with my phone in my hand trying to see the screen.
It will be quiet an adventure!
Than you to all of you who have posted your experiences form the Salvador and Ruta do Mar. It has been a great help in my planning.
It would be lovely to meet some of you from the Forum on the Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
How exciting! That sounds like a dream combination. Wishing you a Buen Camino.

My back is packed and I'm already for Friday morning when I start walking the Salvador from Leon. My plan is to walk the Salvador to Ovido, continue to Aviles on Del Norte and then to Ribadeo and from there walk the Ruta do Mar to Ferrol. I have read Magwoods blog and posts form Dave, Tia Valeria, Peregrina 2000 and Allan Sykes, but I'm not so confident that I can find my way without the yellow arrows. It will be quiet a challenge for me!

Hi Ekelund-

Would love to hear about your experience when you're back! There aren't too many of us with firsthand accounts to draw upon for the Mar. Hope you had / are having a good walk.

Dave

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have only just found this thread. Hoping it went well and feedback would be good.

My back is packed and I'm already for Friday morning when I start walking the Salvador from Leon. My plan is to walk the Salvador to Ovido, continue to Aviles on Del Norte and then to Ribadeo and from there walk the Ruta do Mar to Ferrol. I have read Magwoods blog and posts form Dave, Tia Valeria, Peregrina 2000 and Allan Sykes, but I'm not so confident that I can find my way without the yellow arrows. It will be quiet a challenge for me! There is a GR route, but it is only halfway so a bus to Ferrol will be an option if I can't find my way. I don't know how to attach GPS files to my phone and I do not really want to walk about with my phone in my hand trying to see the screen.
Than you to all of you who have posted your experiences form the Salvador and Ruta do Mar. It has been a great help in my planning.
Hi @Ekelund ,
You can of course walk Ingles from Ferrol to SdC but there is another option. If you walk/ride through A Coruna to Malpica there starts Camiño dos Faros (http://www.caminodosfaros.com/etapas/) that goes all the way to Muxia (and further) where you can head back to SdC directly or through Fisterra.

Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
How did it go?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.