A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Same Credential for Santiago/Fisterra/Muxia?

Staffman

Mature Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April-May 2019
Via De La Plata/Camino Sanabres/Finisterre/Muxia (2020)
I am planning to walk the Via de la Plata and then continue to Fisterra and then on to Muxia where I understand I can get a Compostela/Certificate from all three locations. Can I use the credential signed-off at Santiago and continue to have it stamped for my journey to Fisterra and Muxia or do they require a different/new credential to be used before they will issue me with their relevant certificates?

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I am planning to walk the Via de la Plata and then continue to Fisterra and then on to Muxia where I understand I can get a Compostela/Certificate from all three locations. Can I use the credential signed-off at Santiago and continue to have it stamped for my journey to Fisterra and Muxia or do they require a different/new credential to be used before they will issue me with their relevant certificates?
You can use the same credential if it has enough room for the stamps. You can always pick up a new one in Santiago if you want.

Camino(s) past & future
Vol Pilgm office 15
CF 16+17
Vol Pilgm House 18
Kerry&Ingles 19
Portuguese X2020 (2021?)
I think it is the Galician tourist board that has a small space in the pilgrim office building in Santiago where you can get a special credencial, 'Crendencial Do Peregrino' for the walk to Finisterre and Muxia. It is smaller than the regular credential and has a map of the routes. It has a picture of the Finisterre lighthouse on the front and the chapel at Punta da Barca, Muxia on the back. You can also use your regular credential, but the Galician was interesting and useful.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I think it is the Galician tourist board that has a small space in the pilgrim office building in Santiago where you can get a special credencial, 'Crendencial Do Peregrino' for the walk to Finisterre and Muxia. It is smaller than the regular credential and has a map of the routes. It has a picture of the Finisterre lighthouse on the front and the chapel at Punta da Barca, Muxia on the back. You can also use your regular credential, but the Galician was interesting and useful.
In 2016 the Last Stamp albergue also had these available

4 Eyes

Camino(s) past & future
CF from SJPP 14, VDLP from Seville 15, DN&P from Irun 16, Portuguese from Lisbon 17, CF from SJPP 18
I used the same credential for all three. Okay to stamp on the pages not intended for stamps if you run out of room. Beware the Muxia office has very limited hours. So check at Santiago before you go to Muxia.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock