• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Samos

SThompson

Time of past OR future Camino
This is very difficult to say and I hesitate to report it. I do so, so that other women can hopefully avoid a similar experience. In 2013, I was molested in Samos by a monk in the monastery bookstore. He and I were the only two people in the bookstore, as the tour had just left to explore the monastery. Please make sure you are not alone when visiting Samos. Blend in with a group.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
This is very difficult to say and I hesitate to report it. I do so, so that other women can hopefully avoid a similar experience. In 2013, I was molested in Samos by a monk in the monastery bookstore. He and I were the only two people in the bookstore, as the tour had just left to explore the monastery. Please make sure you are not alone when visiting Samos. Blend in with a group.

Please do report it to the police, even if it was some time ago! SY

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you for writing this. I know it was difficult; this is an age-old dilemma for women -- to say something or just to keep it to ourselves. Please do elaborate a bit on the event if you feel like it. We need all the information we can get. In the past few weeks more and more women on this forum seem to be coming forward with incidents that are disturbing. Some continue to see the Camino through rose-tinted glasses as a perfectly safe place, but obviously this isn't always the case. I'm not fear-mongering here, but those of us who want to walk alone need to know of these occurrences. We all want a safe and enjoyable experience that gives us the best the Camino has to offer; knowledge is power. I am very sorry to read that this happened to you. And I hope you have recovered.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back