• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

San Bartolome and onwards

george.g

Time of past OR future Camino
French way 10, 11
Norte 12
Vdlp 13
Levante 14
Mozarabe/Malaga 15
Augusta 16
Mozarabe/Almeria 17
San Bartolome, to Avila well signed, going through Avila just follow the flechas to the albergue by the Adaja bridge, Snra Delores opens it at 1300, great albergue all facilities.
Gotarrendura, go to town hall, book in, go to bar opposite, book evening meal, bar opens specially for pilgrims, FANTASTIC albergue, kitchen, washer and dryer.
Arevalo side of sports hall, very basic albergue, but hot showers, get key from polica local office in town hall.
Medina del Campo, albergue in Convento San Juan, basic but comfortable, on Camino just past Plaza Mayor on left.
High points of last few days, meeting Don from this forum, great guy.
The weather, bright but cool.
Down side, most of the villages you pass through don't have an open bar, as a coffee addict, very serious!!
Regards
George

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Siege Iglesias, phoned from Neva del Ray to say I would be arriving late, contact number was left in the bar next door!
Basic but all you need, and you really do get the keys to the town hall!
Regards
George

Toro, Pension Zamora, comfortable, good food, make sure the manager understands what time you want to leave, was tempted to climb out of the window!
Arrived Zamora, so it's onto the Via del La Plata for a while.
The Sureste/Levante sure is some Camino, it takes but gives so much more.
Regards
George

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Toro, Pension Zamora, comfortable, good food, make sure the manager understands what time you want to leave, was tempted to climb out of the window!
Glad I'm not the only person to have found myself locked inside Toro's Pension Zamora when trying to leave early in the morning!

Oh,

Really? I was there in 2014 as well. The owner's son 16-17 year old or someting, asked me what time I would be up. I said to him not to worry. I had planned to wake up at 04:30 and leave shortly afterwards so I didn't expect anyone to serve me breakfast at that time in the morning. "No problem" he said and shrugged his shoulders. So I had breakfast at 05:00, almost feeling like a criminal to have this young man to get up that early in the morning...

Or do you mean you wanted to leave well before 04:30??

/BP

A few things have changed since the OP - walked Toledo-Zamora in April - but definitely agree that there are very few coffee stops. Many bars didn't open up until 10.00 or even 11.00. One many occasions I was tempted to invite myself into someone's house!
A few updates (of course may depend on the season) :
-Gotarrendura: albergue on the left when entering town. Tel number was on the door. Called and within 10 min someone came to explain everything. Wonderful service. Bar in town was open and owner even made me a breakfast bag with coffee (which I heated up the next morning) and magdalenas).

-Arévalo: truly basic (and I go for pretty much anything) and a bit out of the way. The policía local explained where it was. met me there, gave me the key and then took off.

-Medina del Campo: the convento is definitely not basic - private room with sheets!

-Toro: señora must have learned as she asked me what time I wanted breakfast. Also don't be put off if you see a sign on the door closed for Día del Descanso. This is for the bar. Call the number and she will open up. Deadly walk by the way , like arriving to Zamora, Salamanca and Córdoba - you see Toro up on the hill but never seem to get there!

Cheers
LT

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back