• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

San Clemente to Las Pedrones what happened to me?

nalod

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2011, Finnesterre 2011,Le Puy to SJPDP 2011& 2012,Via de la Plata,Sambrasa 2012, Mozarabe 2013, Portugees 2013.PartNorde 2011, VDPL 2014,St-Guilhem 2014.Espalion-Roncesvalles 2014.Levante2015
Careful leaving San Clemente, Laurie warns of bad marking for some reason that was not our problem. Loads of brilliant arrows. This is what happened to us. I stayed in The Albergue but my walking companion stayed in Milan 1. I meet him there in the moring we saw a yellow arrow near Milan 1 and followed it. The walk should have been San Clemente to Las Pedrones but we followed arrows which brought us to Alberca de Zancara which meant road walking to Las Pedrones an extra 8 to 10 km, we abandoned the arrows in Alberca de Zancara, two sides of a triangle instead of one. You should go via to Santiago de la Toro. Did we accidentally go on the Surreste. Checking route info I don't think the Surest goes to San Clemente. Is there two Levante routes out of San Clemente , we followed very good clear arrows and it brought us to to La Alberca. Any expatiation anyone?
DSC_0891 (640x428).jpg

I have posted this as part of another post but got no replies, that is why the separate post, it will be useful to other people.

Also told that the Parochial House Albergue in Las Pedrones is now closed stayed in the nice Hostal Bomba e25, large room ensutie to your self.
Dermot

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Careful leaving San Clemente, Laurie warns of bad marking for some reason that was not our problem. Loads of brilliant arrows. This is what happened to us. I stayed in The Albergue but my walking companion stayed in Milan 1. I meet him there in the moring we saw a yellow arrow near Milan 1 and followed it. The walk should have been San Clemente to Las Pedrones but we followed arrows which brought us to Alberca de Zancara which meant road walking to Las Pedrones an extra 8 to 10 km, we abandoned the arrows in Alberca de Zancara, two sides of a triangle instead of one. You should go via to Santiago de la Toro. Did we accidentally go on the Surreste. Checking route info I don't think the Surest goes to San Clemente. Is there two Levante routes out of San Clemente , we followed very good clear arrows and it brought us to to La Alberca. Any expatiation anyone?
View attachment 18946

I have posted this as part of another post but got no replies, that is why the separate post, it will be useful to other people.

Also told that the Parochial House Albergue in Las Pedrones is now closed stayed in the nice Hostal Bomba e25, large room ensutie to your self.
Dermot
Thank you for posting this. I've seen it but hasn't respond because I know from my sources that after 7,2km at the house called Casa del Cantor you have to turn LEFT. That's it.
For Las Pedroneras this year @sulu reported that MUNI is non-existent. And now from you that parrochial acogida (reported only 2 places) is closed also. Since I was planning to stay there for the night I guess I'll have to find something else :(

Thank you for posting this. I've seen it but hasn't respond because I know from my sources that after 7,2km at the house called Casa del Cantor you have to turn LEFT. That's it.
Problem is I can't remember that house and I had read Laurie's note, I thought someone had just improved the arrows, they are good but brought me to Alberca de Zancara.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I think there was some re-routing but if it were me, I would stick with turning left at the white finca on the hill. The maps will get you there.

I can't check my notes for a while since I'm at the ny airport waiting for my flight to Barcelona!!! Buen camino,Laurie.

Problem is I can't remember that house and I had read Laurie's note, I thought someone had just improved the arrows, they are good but brought me to Alberca de Zancara.
I guess I'll have to wait and just see what will happen once there :D

The Sureste splits from the Levante at Minaya, rejoining at El Toboso. The Levante from San Clemente is in Cuenca province, and I suspect the Cuenca province amigos use all their yellow paint keeping the Ruta de la Lana marked. I got hopelessly lost after San Clemente, even missing out the village of Santiago de la Torre, but as long as you keep heading NW, you will eventually see the bell tower of Las Pedroñeras church across the meseta, something of a relief.

Sorry to learn the priest is no longer putting up pilgrims; his "albergue" was in a small room (2 beds) off an interior courtyard in the handsome 17th century town house near the centre of town. It was €10. Las Pedroñeras is famous for its garlic, even having an annual garlic congress, and the garlic soup I had in a good restaurant on the main drag was delicious.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Laurie enjoy your trip.
Dermot

Amazing, how did that happen??. I looked at the map you posted and scratched my head!! The arrows were there and logically and correctly you followed them. That's what I would have done. The turn off to the left which Laurie and several others have mentioned is six or seven km from San Clemente so, it's not that. The only explanation I can offer is that the lads marking the Ruta de la Lana, or the Sureste, or the Don Quijote have been very busy!! There was obviously no notice underneath telling you which Camino it was. Hmmmm. One thing that saved my neck several times on the Levante, is that I had the maps I bought from the Amigos in Valencia. I often checked them, especially leaving towns, with a compass to ensure that at least I was going in the right direction!! The guide book they sell is very heavy (400 gr) but very useful. I tore out pages as I went. The maps were very good, especially in poorly marked areas. One of the wee problems with the Levante is that it is involved with several other Caminos, one of which you found!

Amazing, how did that happen??. I looked at the map you posted and scratched my head!! The arrows were there and logically and correctly you followed them. That's what I would have done. The turn off to the left which Laurie and several others have mentioned is six or seven km from San Clemente so, it's not that. The only explanation I can offer is that the lads marking the Ruta de la Lana, or the Sureste, or the Don Quijote have been very busy!! There was obviously no notice underneath telling you which Camino it was. Hmmmm. One thing that saved my neck several times on the Levante, is that I had the maps I bought from the Amigos in Valencia. I often checked them, especially leaving towns, with a compass to ensure that at least I was going in the right direction!! The guide book they sell is very heavy (400 gr) but very useful. I tore out pages as I went. The maps were very good, especially in poorly marked areas. One of the wee problems with the Levante is that it is involved with several other Caminos, one of which you found!
I plan to walk that section on June 20th and will report about it. I will also record my gps track so we can compare it with your maps (if you still have them) later. If by any chance I could find the right (Levante) way that is :D

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
One other thing is I don't understand why La Lana is mentioned? As I know La Lana joins Levante in Almansa and turns to the right off the Levante to Alpera (which I will most probably use as an intermediate stop between Almansa and Higueruela). And is since that point running to the NE of Levante and never intersects again.

Whereas Sureste has two same stretches with Levante:
Albacete - Minaya
El Toboso - Toledo
And if Sureste turns left after Rte.Antolin in Minaya does it intersects with Levante again after 20kms at Casa Cantor???
(EDIT: I didn't mention Escalona intersection and Cebreros - Medina del Campo almost the same stretch because that's after the place we're discussing.)

Last edited:
Hi Guys hope you don't mind me dropping into your conversation but I had a look at the Sanclemente website and they talk about the Camino in their area and give other routes passing through, if you go on to the link and go to the Camino de Santiago heading it shows you a map which might help/confuse you more. www.sanclemente.cuencamagica.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys hope you don't mind me dropping into your conversation but I had a look at the Sanclemente website and they talk about the Camino in their area and give other routes passing through, if you go on to the link and go to the Camino de Santiago heading it shows you a map which might help/confuse you more. www.sanclemente.cuencamagica.com
Thanks a lot for this. I think I got it now. After San Clemente to the right is Camino de la Santa Cruz (going through La Alberca) and maybe Amigos of that way marked it with brand new flechas. So I guess I should follow older ones and going to the left until Qintanar ;)

Mike I had at their website and because of my lack of Spanish had a problem, it may well be that I picked up the Camino de la Santa Cruz. There were definitely more arrows in La Alberca, but we cut our losses and left them and straight 18km road walk to Las Pedronas (there were a lot of nice tracks running parallel to the road, it was actually not a bad walk). Will do more research on the Santa Cruz, but for now back to photo editing.
Dermot

It now seems there is a Camino de la Santa Cruz going from San Clemente to Moro. It seems to join to join back with the Levente near Villa de Don Fadrique. I may have stumbled upon this but as far as I saw they were just yellow arrows with no division. So what we had a lovely walk that day. Any more info anyone.
Dermot

It now seems there is a Camino de la Santa Cruz going from San Clemente to Moro. It seems to join to join back with the Levente near Villa de Don Fadrique. I may have stumbled upon this but as far as I saw they were just yellow arrows with no division. So what we had a lovely walk that day. Any more info anyone.
Dermot
As I can see from the map Camino de la Santa Cruz goes from San Clemente through La Alberca... to Tembleque where it veers sharp right N to Madrid.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The Sureste splits from the Levante at Minaya, rejoining at El Toboso. The Levante from San Clemente is in Cuenca province, and I suspect the Cuenca province amigos use all their yellow paint keeping the Ruta de la Lana marked. I got hopelessly lost after San Clemente, even missing out the village of Santiago de la Torre, but as long as you keep heading NW, you will eventually see the bell tower of Las Pedroñeras church across the meseta, something of a relief.

Sorry to learn the priest is no longer putting up pilgrims; his "albergue" was in a small room (2 beds) off an interior courtyard in the handsome 17th century town house near the centre of town. It was €10. Las Pedroñeras is famous for its garlic, even having an annual garlic congress, and the garlic soup I had in a good restaurant on the main drag was delicious.

If I remember rightly the priest was a right royal pain and kept us waiting hours...,

If I remember rightly the priest was a right royal pain and kept us waiting hours...,
In Las Pedroneras very close to the church and almost on Camino is Casa Mauricio. Great deal for 20€, with bathroom, TV, kitchen with big fridge (very useful in these almost 40℃)...

Ultreia!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi,

I was on the Levante, San Clemente - Las Pedroneras in june 2014 and I was prepared for the turn at the little white house, as Laurie and others had mentioned it. I knew it as soon as I got there. Now, I remember clearly that there was a yellow arrow on a stone on the ground, on the road coming from the left, pointing away from the house. It should be the opposite: pointing towards the house so you take the road in that direction. I remember that I stopped for a while and wondered if I should turn the stone around so the arrow pointed in the "right" direction, up to the hill with the house. But finally I decided not to touch it as it should be a job for the Asociación of the Camino to do this... Until then, a lot of pilgrims who are not on this Forum will never get this and they will continue towards that other town...

/BP

Hi,
this thread is now two years old, but I can complete some information.
As you go to meet your friend in Milan, you by-passed the indication in the 'plaza' and got on the Santa-Cruz way.
I join a picture of the divisory señal at the cross of Plaza Mayor and Calle Boteros.20140511 1428 San Clemente 6894.JPG

Nevertheless I also get out of way, because the exit of San Clemente is no more exactly the one on the Amigo's map, and I misunderstood it and go on a parallel way. But this was not a problem, because when I saw no more arrows and began to doubt, the castle of Santiago de la torre standed like a lighthouse and I just did some 2-3 km more, included with the shadow of a wood.

About the priest in Las Pedroñeras I am also sorry of the changes. In May 2015 he was a stong guy born in Valencia, and the 'albergue' although somewhat cold, was a pretty place. Yes he made us wait, as in this hot and agricultural área, the daily mass was at 9PM, and as he was the one who opened the door (no key for pilgrim) we had to wait the end of the mass...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back