• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

San Cosme de Barreiros —> Lourenzá

s00thsayer

Time of past OR future Camino
Norte (Fall 2018)
Has anyone taken this route recently? It’s shown on the Galicia Camino maps (see image) but I haven’t found much info in how well it is marked, if the trail is clear and walkable, etc.

View attachment 47232

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Has anyone taken this route recently? It’s shown on the Galicia Camino maps (see image) but I haven’t found much info in how well it is marked, if the trail is clear and walkable, etc.

View attachment 47232
We walked through San Cosme and from there to San Martino de Mondonedo. The signs were good on that section. From San Martino the route is now signed to Mondonedo going through Lourenza. Your map may be the signed route.

Yes I’m trying to jump ahead to Mondonedo to catch up with some friends who are ahead of me. From Ribadello (where I am at now) there appears to be a bus that runs twice a day, and I could taken that to San Cosme.

Thanks for the tips. I’ll see if I can look up San Martino. I assume you walked up to there in the roads?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes I’m trying to jump ahead to Mondonedo to catch up with some friends who are ahead of me. From Ribadello (where I am at now) there appears to be a bus that runs twice a day, and I could taken that to San Cosme.

Thanks for the tips. I’ll see if I can look up San Martiño. I assume you walked up to there in the roads?
You could take the bus or FEVE to Foz and walk from there. It is now supposed to be signed through San Martiño etc. We followed the yellow arrows through San Cosme, across the ria to Villaronte and on to San Martiño. Can you find our posts under Ruta do Mar?
Between Foz and Mondoñedo the signs are for the Camino Natural de San Rosendo, red sign posts and markers.
(Edited to correct "smart phone's" typos)

Last edited:

View attachment 47232
Just interested! Did you find your way through to Lourenzá, and if so which way did you actually go?
There was a comment by @peregrina2000 about the variety of routes, on the duplicate thread which has disappeared. Your map worked on that thread but doesn't open here.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
In my case, the goal was to get to mondoñedo and I took a bus from train station (train didn’t come and they gave us a bus/shuttle) to San Cosme (berreiros) and I walked straight up on N-634 from there. I could have rejoined the official Camino along the way but I was quite happy with the asphalt so I didn’t try to figure it out.

This helped me catchup with my friends who would otherwise have been two days ahead of me on the camino

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.