• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

San Jean Accommodations

Rellrog

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances: March 2013
Le Puy: July 2015
Portugues: April 2018
La Plata: March 2020-to be continued
We will be arriving in St. Jean shortly after we complete the Le Puy. We haven't decided what to do next. We originally planned to go to Irun to start the Norte. Not sure if that will happen right now. We walked the Camino Frances two years ago. We want to stay someplace special to celebrate completion of the Le Puy. We also want to stay there for 2-3 days to decide what to do next. I also need good Wifi. Any ideas where we can stay...we are partial to chambre d'hotes or even a hotel if it is nice. One alternative is to go to Santander for a Spanish immersion class. BTW, we have a long term visa from France. Any suggestions for good accommodations at St. Jean is appreciated. Thanks

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hotel Ramuntcho is nice and reasonably priced. Try booking.com

Hi, this place was recommended to me:

http://errecaldia.com/

I’ll be staying there in October. Just send them an email, or phone, no deposit required. Jill

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Agree with Falcon we stayed at the Hotel Ramuntcho several years ago. Great location and very nice.

Thank you everyone for your help. Will be looking into your suggestions. Love this forum for the instant assistance it gives. :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thank you everyone for your help. Will be looking into your suggestions. Love this forum for the instant assistance it gives. :)

Last time I was there I also treated myself and stayed in a chambre d'hotes called Tartesenia - Website is http://www.chambres-hotes-saint-jean-pied-de-port.com/
Its a gorgeous chambre d'hotes with lovely rooms just at the start of the hill out of town on the Camino Frances! Very reasonable prices too for what you are getting.

As its on the camino you can watch out for new pilgrims starting out on their adventure into Spain! :) Its only about a 2 min walk into the main street of the old town - perfect! The rooms are lovely and the breakfast was great if I remember correctly :) They also will hold stuff for you if you send it forward (I sent them on the cover of my rucksack for the plane)... The garden is lovely too.

Here is a link to the reviews on tripadvisor :) http://www.tripadvisor.fr/Hotel_Rev...e_Country_Pyrenees_Atlantiques_Aquitaine.html

Thanks all. We actually looked at Tartasenia and they were full. We finally booked at Hotel Ramuntcho and i belive received the last room. St. Jean is hopping this time of year. Interesting, we called a chambre d'hotes that told us that they don't like reserving rooms to pilgrims coming off the Le Puy because of possible bed bug problems. They prefer pilgrims that are starting the Frances. :-( Again, thanks everyone.

We also stayed at ramuncho for our first night in St Jean. it is centrally located just steps from the pilgrim office and was very nice. The served breakfast as well. We also spent one night at Beilari and highly recommend the experience! Not to be missed if you can manage :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back