• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

San Juan de la Peña

NOHOOLIGAN

Hi all!
New here, and I've already got a question. Tried to search this forum and everywhere, and got answers I do not like.
Starting at the end of March from Barcelona to Santiago with a old bicycle. Now, I have learned that the marked route from Est. de Sta Maria y la Peña to San Juan de la Peña might not be doable with a bike. So, what do I possibly lose taking the road (A-1205 and A-1603) instead?
Also, is the route from Sarsamarcuello to Est. de Sta Maria y la Peña rideable with a bike, and what do you think of taking the road (A-1206 and A-132) already from Loarre?
Cheers,
NOHOOLIGAN

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The path to and from San Juan de la Pena is not possible with a bike, or a horse!
Take the road.

Sarsamarcuello to Estacion de Sta Maria y la Peña is possible by bike, although there is one stretch shortly out of Sarsamaruello which you might have to walk. Loarre to Sarsamarcuello is easily done by road.

On my two efforts, I never tried the Estacion etc to San Juan, as there was no evidence that there was anywhere to stay or eat in Ena, which was en route.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you for the answers!
I take your word for it - and the road, at least from Est. de Sta Maria y la Peña to San Juan de la Peña.
Cheers!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back